14 mil super cub vs 16 mil super cub

dragbansheeflorida

Im going with Stock cases so 18 mil is little to much. So either a 14 or 16. The 14 is drop in and port but the 16 you port aswell but you goto raise the port timings. In the south it's all about having the biggest motor but looking stock so im trying to get feed back on what's the biggest motor and best setup to built before going dm so I can get races?

Edited by dragbansheeflorida

Who said you can do a 16 super cub? I'm pretty sure the reeds are a limiting factor around a 10 mil super. Sleepers are only good for 1 or 2 races anyway before word spreads. Better off to just build a small motor that runs

Lol its called grudge racing... and if if my 10 super runs 5.8 5.9 on a good track why wouldn't a 16 super be like I said in the range of 5.5 5.6. it's only 2 tenths under what I'm runing now and I go from a 521 to like a 620 or something like that 100 cc = 2 tenths all day. I'm just gonna make the biggest cub possible in stock cases witch is a 16 cuz after that 18 is only billet cases and the super cub. I'll let you guys no or we can race and find out lol

Edited by dragbansheeflorida

Correct me if im wrong but a 14 cub is built from a 10 cub cylinder. No fucking way your getting a 16 stroke to work there. You will be exposing the exh floor at tdc and exh duration will be way to high. also no way stock reed cages are going to flow enough to support over 300cc cylinders. Thats why cheetahs and dm have bigger reeds.