WCR TRANSMISSION?

chrisp250r

i just ordered a transmission from them and i was just wondering if anyone has dealt with this guy at WCR? hes the one sellin N down 1-4 dunables on ebay for 175 and 1-6 for 225.

who did you speak to? all i have heard was good. the sponsor i use, uses him and i doubt he would steer me in the wrong direction....

positive you ordered a override from Greg at whitaker custom racing?

EDIT i don't even see a listing for overrides from anyone other than eastcoastatv and cfATV. have a link?

dang a full 1-4 for that cheap... is it modded to your trans ?

even that sounds cheap for a WCR

i think some of the issue's with those transs's were from possible releasing a trans without good testing... i have a 2-5 dunealbe and have installed WCR's they are a decent trans just need a lil clean up on the drum ( not micro polished) and they worked well.

i'd like to see the micro polished drum,.. looks cool for sure.

We stock, sell, and use the Dunable overides from WCR and they work great. THe only ones we have had issues with are the Extremes and i believe he quit doing those.

I recently bought a 1-4 N down drum from WCR and the customer service is absolutley amazing. I talked to Greg for over an hour on the phone asking him questions and getting his thoughts and opinions. Super guy to deal with and I highly recomend him. Whoever said they wouldnt "gamble their money with WCR" has apparently never delt with them directly. Im curious on who else you would recommend if you dont like gambling your money?

well i got the trans in the mail and it had a bent output shaft so i called him up and hes got another one on the way so hopefully this one will be good... shit happens but i dont care as long as he makes it right cause everyone makes mistakes.... and yeah im positive its wcr

well i got the trans in the mail and it had a bent output shaft so i called him up and hes got another one on the way so hopefully this one will be good... shit happens but i dont care as long as he makes it right cause everyone makes mistakes.... and yeah im positive its wcr

Which tranny did you order?

I agree with fouledout, they've always done right with me. I have probly one of the completely working extreme dunables. he did whatever he had to to get it right for me.

Yeah, I thought he had gotten the Extreme's working? I've read more and more recently it sounds like he scrapped the idea.

whats the "deal" with the "extreme's what were they sapposed to do?? how did they do that and what the heck happend to them that they broke so bad so fast?

i'm not sure how you would guarantee shift forks not to be damaged from backloading unless the gear ratcheted on the shaft..

even the "duneable" i have eats shift forks if not used more like a std override. i understand the "duneable" and its a great idear.

previously there were and still are some people that do overrides. tyson, port majic? Mccoy ( i think) K+T, A+S, not sure of others and i'm not sure how many are just using the same guy to do them..

i personally have a roy clarke, a tyson, a wcr and an VERY old tyson 2-5. the RC trans has been by far the nicest one of them all too bad he quit doing them.

130 extreme's!!! WOW they are making BANK!

130x 450ish= 58,500 bucks