Stock stroke stock cylinder porting?

hughmyron

Not that my opinion matters but i personally rode cameron's (redline) 350 at LS! Its a BADASS little setup! It was beating up alot of bigger motors out there. With that said, if your worried about fuel mileage, im sure your not gonna want a "drag" ported 350. Sure it will be fast but im sure its not gonna be a real fun quad to trail ride around. (Im assuming your gonna trail ride being you want to keep stock carbs for fuel mileage?)

Whats his setup on that 350? ATM im saving some $ on the side for a nice setup. I saw a 4 mil hot rod/ 421 cub setup on ebay for $1500 and my buddy who's built plenty of bikes said with my weight i should build a 4 mil cub with 39mm carbs on gas.

Whats his setup on that 350? ATM im saving some $ on the side for a nice setup. I saw a 4 mil hot rod/ 421 cub setup on ebay for $1500 and my buddy who's built plenty of bikes said with my weight i should build a 4 mil cub with 39mm carbs on gas.

all i can tell you about it is it has 4wheels and its fast! Dont know any details about it

This would likely make you happier.. Plus it is a proven combo that has a wealth of info already out there.

all i can tell you about it is it has 4wheels and its fast! Dont know any details about it

:(

This would likely make you happier.. Plus it is a proven combo that has a wealth of info already out there.

Yeah thats what ill probably do, now another question how much of a difference would there be drag porting a cub?

and you are worried about fuel economy but want that build lol.

I didn't say i wanted that build i just said it was recommended to me by someone whos had ALOT of different setups. Im not too concerned about it anymore. I just didn't want to worry about filling up every two seconds. My friends stock carb/ stock cyl, 4 mil runs great. So i was thinking about doing something similar but he weighs a good 40lbs less than me and our other buddy who usually jockies it weighs almost 100lbs less than i do. Just trying to be open minded.

Edited by hughmyron

Why not a 10mil? Also im aware of there are many 4mils kicking 10mils butt. It's all about set up, rider and of course a little bit motor :)l

Yeah im a big guy i weigh 230 atm. Don't plan on dropping weight so yeah. Also a bigger motor can be a bit more forgiving when it comes to putting down power. With a small motor everything needs to be efficient and maximized. Super happy my new tires came in today, got my CPI inframe pipes, adjustable timing plate, clutch, TORS delete, jets, all that im waiting on are reeds and next will be to tear into her. Can't wait! Thanks again guys.

• 11 months later...