Stock stroke stock cylinder porting?

hughmyron

I get all my parts from Jeff and he hooked me up with cam at redline to cut all my trannies,I personally run a stock cyl fast drag ported bike it's dubbed the cub killer Jeff has been tried and true for me since 05 even at midnight while tuning the day b4 a race

Sorry but why half ass it just to waste more time and money later. Best to tear it all down and make sure your bottom end and trans can handle the extra power.

Exactly.  What type of riding are you doing with this motor?  Do you have an over ride trans?  I would beef up your crank a bit or at least make sure the bearings and rods are good and its balanced.  If you don't want to split or build the motor send the complete motor to the builder you pick and have them do it.  To make 100 plus hp on a stock stroke, stroke cylinder be prepared to spend some coin, I had 1 a few years ago making 104ish hp...  Kind of miss that motor lol

Exactly.  What type of riding are you doing with this motor?  Do you have an over ride trans?  I would beef up your crank a bit or at least make sure the bearings and rods are good and its balanced.  If you don't want to split or build the motor send the complete motor to the builder you pick and have them do it.  To make 100 plus hp on a stock stroke, stroke cylinder be prepared to spend some coin, I had 1 a few years ago making 104ish hp...  Kind of miss that motor lol

I rather build it myself instead of sending it out to a builder, its my toy so its not really to serious atm. Im not really interested in dyno #'s or trying to have the baddest 350 out. I just want to know what porter knows their 350s best. I don't mind leaving some power on the table with stock carbs, inframes and just av gas.

Sorry but why half ass it just to waste more time and money later. Best to tear it all down and make sure your bottom end and trans can handle the extra power.

lol why is it half ass? My friend had a similar setup that ran 4 years without a rebuild. He bored it over, stock crank unwelded ported cylinders by a local guy named Lachy (or how ever you spell it) and the bike went through like 3 frames and setups consistently went 98-105 between the laydown and stand up setups and the 98 mph trap in 1/4 was with a 230lb rider. It had an over ride though 1-4. If i tear it down a crank, over ride etc is going in it. BTW got plenty of friends with fast bikes with stock trans's.

Not that my opinion matters but i personally rode cameron's (redline) 350 at LS! Its a BADASS little setup! It was beating up alot of bigger motors out there. With that said, if your worried about fuel mileage, im sure your not gonna want a "drag" ported 350. Sure it will be fast but im sure its not gonna be a real fun quad to trail ride around. (Im assuming your gonna trail ride being you want to keep stock carbs for fuel mileage?)

We don't really do any "trail riding" or probably what most consider trail riding anyways. We just ride long distances and are far from the truck/gas station. Being that off the top of my dome there are only 2 places that sell av gas that i know of. I would have to buy a shit load of av gas get a 6 pack rack and bring a 1/2 gallon tank with me. Put it this way, running would be less of a hassle than av gas atm.

Thanks again guys.

Edited by hughmyron

You answer the half assed comment in your post replying to zilla. He was saying its hAlf assed to bolt on bitchin cylinders with out doing all the bottom end stuff you mentioned your buddy had. Those would be totally different motors and not welding the crank, changing the clutch, or working the tranny over, would be completely half assed.

E85* just go gas or alky. That is a line not ready to be fiddled with by someone with out lots of tuning experience. It is very inconsistent and requires lots of attention with different batches of fuel.

But if you absolutely want it, rob at RDZ is pretty good with 350's and knows the E85 stuff. I fact he's one of the few actually that really messes with it.

Few years ago i ran an unwelded stock crank with ported cylinders for a season due to running out of time/money after a local shop fucked up boring some cylinders twice and i had to replace them.

I trued it up and beat it like it owed me money. Pulled it out and it was out .008 or more on the pto side if i remember right. This was on a 50 or so hp bike.

You answer the half assed comment in your post replying to zilla. He was saying its hAlf assed to bolt on bitchin cylinders with out doing all the bottom end stuff you mentioned your buddy had. Those would be totally different motors and not welding the crank, changing the clutch, or working the tranny over, would be completely half assed.

E85* just go gas or alky. That is a line not ready to be fiddled with by someone with out lots of tuning experience. It is very inconsistent and requires lots of attention with different batches of fuel.

But if you absolutely want it, rob at RDZ is pretty good with 350's and knows the E85 stuff. I fact he's one of the few actually that really messes with it.

My buddies only had an over ride, stock crank with who knows how much hours not trued or welded or anything, and not sure about the clutch but i bought a clutch. If having a stock trans is half assed then i have to let my buddy know who has a 4 mil cub on av gas that his bike is half assed. Thanks, wasn't able to call anyone yesterday due to work but today ill try to call everyone on my break.