Lock Out/Lock-Up Tuning

SlowerThanYou

Just a heads-up! There's a bunch of good information here, but it's hard to find.

I'm looking to consolidate key information into the 1st post of this thread. I will basically edit my 1st post & re-write the post for key items/areas of this thread. That way they will be very easy to find.

I'm open to suggestions on what items/areas you want in that 1st post. I don't know when I'll complete it, but it can be a working template as I have time.

The above plus recomended amounts of change,ie 5 lbs at a time on base pressure or x grams per arm etc.

This is dependent on how close your baseline is to the good all around clutch set-up. Or how close you have gotten with your tuning to a good all around clutch set-up. It's really going to come down to your clutch tuning experience!

I'll give to examples, using base pressure:

1st, way too much base pressure. Lets use a typical 4mm cub on alky running 300'. Base pressure is 300 lbs. total, moving 10 lbs. on either side will probably show no change in 60'.  A new clutch tuner would probably say clutch tuning didn't work or what's going on. Based on my experience I would take a larger whack at that base pressure, but that's based on my experience.

2nd, take the above 4mm. The clutch is close to running the 60' it should be running. The change in base pressure would be made in smaller increments. We actually use shims to adjust our base pressure as small as 1lb. increments.

This is a general statement & is not going to fit all situations. Use no more than a + or -10 lb. change in total base pressure. So, the best answer I can give is go back to the above examples.

I fully understand tedders reply and would not be upset if my request had gone un answered. What you have provided has peaked lots of peoples interest and has really increased my awareness of what effects what. That was a great example.

LOL! I didn't think my answer was spoon feeding & I'm sure he feels differently. But I also think I have given away way too much information in this thread. Some of that information has directly or indirectly came from Tedder!  We have both payed a heavy price in $$$, blood sweat & tears; plus who knows else to get this information.