J-arm banshee w/reverse ?

Yes, any 2 stroke will and can run backwards. Two stroke golf carts often run the engine backwards to reverse.

However piston pin offset along with cylinder offset and ign timing will make the engine have issues in reverse.

Ski-doo snowmobiles electronically reverse the engine for the Rotax Electronic Reverse program. Polaris now also has this system thanks to a law suit but they seem to run fine. Although rotax engineers are much smarter than I. :ph34r:

This happened to me with one of my hot saws before when i was messing with the timing a shit ton. Tripped me out the first time it happened.

But first thing i would do is pull the stator cover real quick and i bet your stator plate come loose setting the timing way the hell outa wack.

It has nothing to do with your transmission/clutch.

Check back with what you find and we'll go from there.

Yes, any 2 stroke will and can run backwards. Two stroke golf carts often run the engine backwards to reverse.

However piston pin offset along with cylinder offset and ign timing will make the engine have issues in reverse.

Ski-doo snowmobiles electronically reverse the engine for the Rotax Electronic Reverse program. Polaris now also has this system thanks to a law suit but they seem to run fine. Although rotax engineers are much smarter than I. :ph34r:

This happened to me with one of my hot saws before when i was messing with the timing a shit ton. Tripped me out the first time it happened.

But first thing i would do is pull the stator cover real quick and i bet your stator plate come loose setting the timing way the hell outa wack.

It has nothing to do with your transmission/clutch.

Running a Banshee motor backwards will damage it, it puts the side load of the primary gear in the opposite direction where there are no thrust sufaces to load against, this leads to broken clutch covers and other problems. Also, if the kick gear hangs up at all it can break the main cases. If it is running backwards, shut it down immediately.

It has nothing to do with your transmission/c

ok so the problem is in the stater cover the pick up's aren't even recognizable the lower one is broke off and the braket that holds it is broke and there is two wires one green and one blue I think they went too the pick up magnet but I'm not sure I'm a mechanic but small engines I have never really gotten in to well I guess I have too now lol BTW thank you SAVAGE420