YFZ - Banshee Hybrid Fully Built

Ryder25

Located in Wisconsin Rapids, WISCONSIN

Asking: $8500

photo5_zps6698886d.jpg

I've invested about $11,500 in this already without counting any time building the hybrid.  My brother and I built this ourselves and we took our time to do it correctly (motor is perfectly lined up with swingarm).  We put a lot of time into our hybrid projects.

I'm selling because I will have no more time to ride as I need to finish my dissertation and will be going on the job market next year (aka no more racing/riding for me for a while).  I've sold most all of my toys, and all I have left is my rubber ice racing quad and this.

The motor sits as low in the frame as possible (the correct way to build a hybrid).

Inframe pipes ARE possible as I cut the frame down-tubes out, but not all of them will fit, there are no restrictions where I race so I ran the OOF's.

4mil Hot Rods Crank (trued/welded)

72mm Wiesco Pistons

Billet Twister Cylinders ported by Kevin at HJR (aggressive dune port)

25cc domes (170lbs compression)

Adjustable timing plate

Lightened flywheel

Hinson Billet basket

Direct drive lockup and cover

billet water pump cover

billet stator cover

straight cut gears

VForce3's

Pingle Dual feed petcock

Billet Intakes 33-35mm

Keihin 35mm PWK Airstrikers (some pics show Keihin PJ 34mm carbs, I used both)

Pod filters

CPI BB OOF Pipes

CV4 Radiator hose with temp gauge

OEM wiring harness/cdi/coil/stator "drag cut"...only essential wires to run + kill switch.

Chassis:

YFZ frame/subframe

JB long travel a-arms (+2")

PEP 8 click fully adjustable front shocks

PEP big bottle fully adjustable rear shock

Stock swingarm

(Brand new billet lonestar carrier as spare)

Lonestar +2/+2 adjustable axle

Lonestar rear hubs (HONDA Pattern)

RPM Front hubs (HONDA Pattern)

Pro Peg nerf bars (with 1" lower peg mount for more leg room)

ASR-FX stem and clamp +2"

Tag CR-Dbl Hi Bars

Tag front bumper

Dual braided brake lines front, braided line rear

ASV clutch and brake lever

TRX450r thumb throttle

Quadtech seat with hump (2 holes in cover, have stock seat also)

Full Laker Custom set of plastic

Rath Swaybar

PEP's are LT freshly serviced by Seth at SF Racing.

Douglas or ITP front/rear rims with full set of American Racers (6-10 laps on most tires, I've got about 70 you can choose from, haha).

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few odds and ends.  For spare stuff, I have brand new moose stator and timing plate and good flywheel.  Spare Hot Rods 4mil crank in great shape that measures within spec (went with brand new because Jeff at Fast was having a sale and I wanted to start with new).  Spare motor mounts and bolts, brand new spare lonestar bearing carrier, spare frame (not cut for motor yet), full complete spare tranny, 1 tranny about half complete, HiPer Beadlock rear rims with holeshot tires as spares, and other small things.

Always ran VP113 with 32:1 mix. Honda transmission oil for clutch oil (same thing we run in our trx450r pro motors).

photo11_zps917720aa.jpg

photo10_zpsda95fdb4.jpg

photo9_zps388fd3aa.jpg

photo8_zpsc82e985f.jpg

The clear plastic and white plastic piece in the next photo are just to deflect the snow-dust at the ice races...otherwise the filters get caked in snow since there is no air-box.

photo7_zps9c7139cc.jpg

photo6_zps556d2eb6.jpg

This thing is setup to handle like a dream on the ice.  It is the only quad that can easily beat our yfz/trx hybrid on the ice (that has won over 100 races the past 3 years at 6 different ice racing associations).

859342_10101949498860537_1123178962_o_zp

493_zps12df7f3a.jpg

411_zps5f37ed8f.jpg

I will consider selling just the rolling chassis/motor separate but have not figured on a price.  I would prefer to sell the thing complete.  I DO NOT want to be left with just the motor as I have nothing to put it in.  I can always hold onto the chassis and rob parts from it if I sold the motor though.a

Serious inquiries only, please e-mail me at bjhoffman@wisc.edu or send me pm's on here or reply to this posting....whatever is easier and I'll get you my phone number so I can answer any questions you have.

haha yeah it gets cold out there!  I'm used to just reaching back and warming it up with the exhaust.

Buy this, and go race 1-2 SWIRA big race in Wisconsin, 2 Escanaba MI big race, and you'll win over $1500 easily.  Do that for a few years and it will pay for itself!

Race summer oval at dirt car tracks and make a couple hundred each time too.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...