Need Jetting at sea level

rdz367

I have had similar setup, but with 35pwk's.

300ft asl.

I'd start 165 mains. With CEL needles my motor liked them in 4th. Sometimes 3rd.

45-48 pilots.

I didn't had starting or idling problems with 40 or 42 pilots, but I never got them work with CEL.

rdz367.

I can´t help you much, because I´m not good at jetting. What I can tell you is, my "dragish-ported" cylinders didn´t like T5´s that much. It was hard to jet.
Most of my problems were "down" between pilot jet and needle. 1/2 throttle to WOT worked pretty good all the time. My motor also liked alot of timing, but I think my domes has something to do with that. There was a huge difference between 5 and 7 deg timing. Remember, I´m not saying that your motor likes that much of timing, but you can play with it too.
When I swap my T5´s to drag oof pipes, it was different. It was easyer to jet. It had more mid-range torque and was responsive.

I´m sure that someone who know these things better will help you.

What needles you have and where they are now. Also, how many turns your mixture screws are open?

One other thing. My motor always liked stock gearing up to 16-42. Have you tryed how it feels with stockish gearing? You can try 15-44. Let that motor do some work!

(sorry my english :) )

With my porting 33s like a dek needle 4 th clip , my drag port takes a 50 pilot 172-175 main . There is a fine line between a lean bog and a rich gurgle. With a drag port those pipes might not be helping you out much , my limit for t-5s is like 194* of exhaust timing , you need to pipe to port

• Like 1