Stock carbs pissing me off..

slobanshee

Been tuning alky so long, stock carbs are kicking my ass. Got a good deal so picked it up. Anyway Stock stroke, stock bore, cool head, pods, and t5s. 280 mains give a nice plug chop. Needle in middle clip. And thens my problem. Idles good. But right off idle it stumbles. Tried 30 pilots and played with air screws. Dropped back to 25s and it's still not crisp.... What jetting would you suggest? 145psi. Passed leak down, reeds nice, carbs spotless..

• Like 1

I have tuned a lot of bikes with T5 pipes on them and I have yet to find one that wanted a 30 pilot with those pipes. Like was said above. Put a 27.5 pilot in it and play with air screw from there. Your main should be damn close

• Like 1

Gusto I have never tuned a motor with PC pipes on it but depending on your elevation your main may be a little big for the CPI pipes it will be close.

Sleeper you think it wanting that big of a pilot had anything to do with the reeds? That is a really big pilot for those carbs I usually only run into needing that big on one on FMF pipes but I have also never put 4'S on a motor yet. 

It's all good man. I went to a local shop and picked up some "Toomy" needles. After swapping em in at 4th clip from blunt end I notced-- Interestingly while cold it doesn't like to rev at all. Will idle nicely though. No bog just real weak sounding. Once almost up to temp it'sway better. Wound up about 1 round out on air screw. Pic of each needle. Very diff..

2539C406-4F48-486C-ABA8-AA4D710B7B6E.jpg