Spark plugs keep fouling!

BansheeKSA

Jetting sounds like it could maybe be a little bit leaner if its like 80-100 degrees? But i dont think thats rich enough to be fouling plugs. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Might need to rest your mixture screws?

Yeah im going by the manual the amount of turns I have to apply for the mixture screws.

Sounds like an electrical issue. Pull you coil. Ohm it. Ohm the caps too

Sorry Ohm it? What do you mean?

So i just cleaned the spark plugs, put them back in, it backfired once and turned off, i then switched over the spark wires to opposite sides and turned it on, both sides seemed to work, then put back the spark wires in their normal positions and tuned the right carb and it seems to be idling properly now. I guess it was the mixture setting wasnt set correctly for the right carb. 

Have you cleaned the carbs? Set float level? Main jet washer in place?

I tuned it yes and its seems to be running better and also how do you clean the carbs? I have Keihin carbs and K&N filters. No idea how to set float level. Main jet washer? never heard of that, not even in my manual, what is that? 

Can someone tell me what that screw is called on the side of the carb? The one with the spring, and what does it do? how does it work?

90sw95.jpg

The black one with the spring in that pic is the idle screw. You can just get them close then fine tune them with feeler gauges or a sync tool to make them totally even. No set amount of turns. Just turn them both equally till the bike idles. Then fine tune.

The air screw is the little brass flat head. On Keihin carbs with a good tune up, the air screw should be 1-2 turns out max. Any thing different, and you need a different pilot.

I'd bet I that thing isn't ported you are a touch rich on the main. But typically to be fouling due to jetting, you gotta be pig rich. Not just sort of rich. (As sleeper mentioned.) Definitely look at electrical, and coolant system.

The black one with the spring in that pic is the idle screw. You can just get them close then fine tune them with feeler gauges or a sync tool to make them totally even. No set amount of turns. Just turn them both equally till the bike idles. Then fine tune.

The air screw is the little brass flat head. On Keihin carbs with a good tune up, the air screw should be 1-2 turns out max. Any thing different, and you need a different pilot.

I'd bet I that thing isn't ported you are a touch rich on the main. But typically to be fouling due to jetting, you gotta be pig rich. Not just sort of rich. (As sleeper mentioned.) Definitely look at electrical, and coolant system.

Ah ok i understand now. Yes i have the sync tool and havent used that yet. Will use that to even out the carbs.  So whats the main you are talking about? The main jetting screw? What does that look like and how is it tuned? 

When you pull the bowl off the carb, there will be two different brass jets. One will be 1/4 hex shape. That will be the main. The little one that's recessed with a flat head screw driver cut , that is the pilot. Pull those and tell us what numbers are on both.

When you pull the bowl off the carb, there will be two different brass jets. One will be 1/4 hex shape. That will be the main. The little one that's recessed with a flat head screw driver cut , that is the pilot. Pull those and tell us what numbers are on both.

I cant pull the bowls off the carbs as the screws on them are really tight and they kinda weared out as i was trying to get the screws loose. But I had the receipt where it tells me what Main and Pilot the carb is jetted with. Main #155 and Pilot #48