jetting help

STRIBZ

Happy New year. I'm working on my Banshee, I did a big day long ride out on the road to the washes near Oatman Arizona, I noticed that the bike would not pull clean in high gear, 6th that is, I thought it was lean so I stayed out of the hollow spot and slowed down in revs, when I tested for rich or lean by pulling choke to half way indent it pulled much better so I'm lean in 6th high rpm! I also had it out to Copper Basin area near Parker and it ran fine but I did not ever get it into any gears past 4th due to sand and trails.

At home now I pulled the carbs and see that I have only 200 main jets in there and I have large 2-1 K&N and FMF Gold Series Fatty pipes and FMF power core II silencers , motor is factory stock original low hours, compression is 125 psi each cylinder, needles are on centre clip #3 of 5 positions,  should I go to 230's? Bike runs good in lower gears and pulls well, my new NGK plugs look like they are going brown after a couple tanks of fuel, I did not run the motor hard in 6th gear after I felt it was lean in there. What do you guys think, I have the carbs on my bench right now.

new-be to YFZ350

i should have added that I have stock Mikuni VM26SS round slide carbs and I just purchased this Banshee from a friend who said it did not run after it went in for a tune up and had the pipes and intake put on it, it has very very low hours, looks brand new. After I purchased it I found out the same shop that put the pipes on mixed up the carb bowls and other stuff.I

Edited by rcts

Got the banshee for 600 bucks, from a guy who said it did not run well anymore after the dealer tuned it up and put the pipes and intake on it, turned out they had mixed the float bowls and carbs up. I should have checked it was jetted correctly before riding it , learning as I go, compression is 125 each cylinder is that normal for a stock motor.

That thing is way lean. Lucky it didn't melt down. You need at least a 27.5 pilot, richer needle setting, and I'd start at 290 on the main. JEEZUS, you are lucky.

Hello by richer needle setting do you mean run the stock needle and move it up in the slide, or buy new needle, if new ones where do I get them and what do I order. I have looked for a complete jetting kit for banshee but guys only try to sell a tune kit with four jets for 50,00 bucks. Thanks