jetting help

STRIBZ

HEy guys need abit of insight on my jetting situation..

Mods:

Fmf fattys

+4 timing

Tors removed

No air box twin k+ns

Riding st sea level

At the moment i have 30pilot 320main needle 3rd clip and on my plugs i have a light blackish ring only going 1/4 around the base ring? Am i lean or am i rich? What should i change next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

What would you guys say I need to start at for jetting my banshee

Mods:

Bills pipes

Trinity stage 4 intakes

34mm carbs

66mm pistons

It's ported but not sure what port job

No air box

K&n pods

Stock head

Stock reeds I believe

Stock stroke

Plan on different pipes but need a ballpark to start with don't wanna blow her up just got done rebuilding topend

Not sure on elevation I live in indiana

Edited by todd.thompson.3975

Hmm. The porting is really gonna dictate how much fuel that'll eat. If it isn't to aggressive I'd start about 50 pilot, needle middle clip, 150 on the main. Work your way down. Probably end up with a 48 pilot, needle one clip from the top, 145-148ish main.

The idle on those arbs is different. Here is the easiest way. Get both chokes turned all the way in and seated. Now use paint pen or white out to mark the knobs so you can keep track of their location. Back them both out 7 1/2 turns. If the pilot is on that should get you in the ball park.

It idles good now and runs good I I can't remember the jets that are in it now it runs like a raped ape but I have the air screws out 3 turns and that seems a bit much haven't don't a chop test yet but I know my jets are bigger than what you said so I know I am running rich if my air screw is out 3 full turns right? And by choke screw you mean the black plastic screw with a spring on it right? Sorry for the hassle and like I said don't know what port but this banshee is pretty mean compared to others that I have rode I just got it and rebuilt it so only know of them things that are done to it I will do a chop test this coming up week when I am off work and get my jet sizes again and get back with you but thanks for the quick reply and also with how the weather changes up here (hot to cold or cold to hot) would I have to rejet for the seasons?

If you have 320 mainjets then you do NOT have keihins. You have mikunis. Also to any and all that read this thread. YOU DO NOT JET CARBS BY HOW FREAKIN OILY THE PLUGS LOOK. I am not bashing you but there are way too many noobs that think thats how you set jetting correctly. "If it runs like a raped ape" and idles perfect , just ride it and enjoy. Your tuning thread is done.