Best pipes?

06SE_Shee

There is no "best all around pipe" imo. I think is just what suits your riding style. There are top end pops, mid range pipes and low end pipes. Pick and choose which is best for your riding style. Find a good reputable porter who can make your setup move. Hell ive seen stock pipes work with porting.

cpi's DO work on stock motors with the exhaust port simply matched.  good set of reeds and a simple bump in compression they will suprise you general riding around.. 

i agree  one of my fav pipes overall is the trinity newer design. i mean really.  stainless steel ( no rust EVER) dual o-ring sealing at pipe connectors on BOTH head pipe and stinger ( so NO stupid bulky pipe sealers or extra bullshit)  silencers are very well made and have custom hangers ( SO if your chassis is a lil tweaked you can still get them lined up and looking ok..)  BUT  they do not seem to work very well on lower or stock cc motors.  i never really played with porting numbers on a 350cc motor but they really come alive and perform on 4 mills and 421 big bore, 400 all bore motors.  i really think thats what they were designed for... they seem to respond well to a big pulse and more fuel mix from larger CC.  compared to other pipes JUST on those facts, quality of build, incorporated design features they are a deff top 5 pipe.  

i have had and ported specific motors to t5 t6 ( yee ha) t4 t3's modded t3's,  cpi big bore and small bore, shear big bore small bore small flange, trinity, SLP,( sweet) PSI ( meh) bills old school,( a VERY suprising pipe) pt mids ( bleh) trinity custom t4, FMF fatty and FMF SST ( much better than fatty)  stock. ( yes you can port to stock pipe)

LRD ( bleh) pro circuit ( on a bike built by paul turner after removing the pt mids it had MORE low end, and waYYY more top end  bike gained 5-6 lengths on the drag strip ) snipers ( nice IF you can get them and afford them) power pro's, custm lrd,s ( still bleh) 

i havent had a chance to play with a set of DMC and thats really the only other pipe id ever want to have some experience with  the single to one exhaust is one of the best sounding ever.  

just my opinion based on experience.  

here is something to ponder.  if you look at graphs you will see this trend.  most pipes will boost power in about a 1500-2500 rpm range.  so if the pipe is set to boost at 6500rpm it will be in that range  outside of that range and its dead..  same for any other pipe out there..  a larger cc motor will naturally have more power all around ( at least it should) and the natural power output of the motor will be what carriers it to the pipes designed rpm boost..  and yes  its boosting or turboing the cylinders ( usually around 6-8 PSI.)  they do it naturally with sound. 

• Like 3

I love my FMF's. Only problems with mine are that the left side has a descent sized dent in it but thats about it. I have riden and raced a stock Shee against mine and I whooped it's ass by atleast a quarter of a mile. We were just going down a dirt rode. He is a family friend so I let him ride mine and he said he has never reached speeds like mine has and he didnt even hit 4th gear.