Anyone have history / experience with racers edge OOFs

troyzstang

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is my HONEST opinion with these pipes..

they REV  they are a high rpm pipe.  in my HONEST opinion they complement a powervalve motor better than most other pipes i have tried.  the pipe really starts to build power after the pv has opened  the lack of bottom end is also not nearly as noticable with a pv setup, the valve makes the tq,  and the pipe carries it out. so to speak..  on a 421 cub that i did i didnt really really like them as much as the shears.  but that was my OPINION!!!   on a pv motor IF it is set up RIGHT  these pipes will compliment a high exhaust port very well.  that being said  if you are going to run a fixed exhaust motor and its in the 200+ range on a light frame with an easy load. ( light rider)  they should work very well.   from what i have HEARD k+t's TREX pv motors ran the best with these pipes.   i have no idear if they are still being made today.  i personally have 2 sets.  one set on my 535 ( they just work) and one set that was ran on a 400pv cheeta.  that are now hangin g on the wall  i want to try them out with the stock cylinder 350 i am doing for next season.

also  from what i have heard racer's edge dosen't make them anymore but you might be able to get a new set from k+t   might ask your racers edge buddy about that?? 

Thanks for sharing Cam.

I was hoping to hear from you. The Guy I spoke to from Racers Edge actually referred me to another guy that currently works for DASA. Great guy he actually said he still had the original plates, and offered to stamp out a set for me. 

Thanks again

Troy

seems the "stamps " went all over the place! i guess i hear so many rumors.

heard the stampings were destroyed,

the spec on them was long gone,

the guy that orginally made them was dead,

k+t quit selling them because they ran so good on a "drag bike"  

k+t would sell you a set IF they had them for over 1,000.00  

you couldnt get them anymore no matter what and used was your only option

bla bla bla bla 

thats everything i can rember about them.  first set i bought because i wanted to try out some different pipes  and they were same side.  wasn't till after i put them on  and then blew the head right off the motor that i started really looking into them.

soo  how does the whole "stamp" thing work anyways?

I picked up all of the left over original stamps from Racers Edge which is now known as Dasa Racing.Stamps( two pieces ,top and bottom stamped out of .040 guage sheet metal on a 1 plane surface IE : flat from cylinder to stinger ) They then get welded together, then cut and twisted to mount on a Banshee. Flanges and stingers welded on as well as mounts and spring tabs.

Racers Edge drag pipes.jpg