Shearer 2 into 1 Dune Pipe

Interesting...

Obviously this is going to fare better than a pair of his drag type pipes for overall riding and duning.

I'm interested to see how it compares to other trail/dune oriented pipes that are duals (T5, Trinity, etc.)

Interesting to know how it'll work against different pipes, port layouts, etc...as Snop Said.

Since it's an inframe pipe...you probably won't have to worry about the welds cracking....

Well , this has me kinda wondering what the final outcome will be. Normally the 2-1 pipe is a bad rep, but i just dont think there has been any one to properly design one and back it with real r&d. Just look at snowmobiles. Those machines are a hell of alot more powerfull then ours and many of them run a multiple cylinder in to one expansion style exhaust. My buddy rob just went to kennedy yesterday to pick up a shearer for his blaster and the guy just laughed when my buddy told him about my bike is running rockets and says that the only way to make power is with the shearers. Problem is that any one i have known to deal with kennedy, they have all been convinced that the only thing that matters with a pipe is peak power numbers on a dyno. Now, this 2-1 pipe that he is working with shearer on seems to be a different story. I would love to see the day a 2 stroke pipe is developed to make power from bottom up. But as far as i'm concerned that 2-1 isn't gonna put out what my rockets do, and the regular in frames wont make as broad of a range as the rockets. But my motor comes back from cryo at 300 below and im gonna see if we cant get all three on the dyno back to back on my motor.

hmmmm... theres a old man that runs a 87 shee, stock motor, stock stroke, stock carbbed bike. All he has done is a milled head and dynoport 2-1 pipe... he runs consistant 4.6's on 300ft dirt, on GAS..... all im saying is it screams...so they DO work.

I beg to differ. My pro circuits on my motor put out 5 more hp on the dyno than my dynoport 2 into 1 pipe did.

Dynoport has a dyno that they developed their pipe with. If anyone doubts Rich Dalys' skill, in 2008 he held the Asphalt drag title on his 900cc sled.

snop that last part lost me. So are u saying dynoport has the tools to build a decent pipe but don't?

I follow all of your post, I'm kinda like a stalker when it comes to your replays. I value your opinions even though sometimes I dont fully agree with them but I've relized you flat out hate mono pipes and your reason is in the numbers.

Off topic I'm doofmeatwadd on xbox live, we gotta play some mw2 sometime ill be on tonight. I wanna see if your as good at cod as u are with banshees lol

hmmmm... theres a old man that runs a 87 shee, stock motor, stock stroke, stock carbbed bike. All he has done is a milled head and dynoport 2-1 pipe... he runs consistant 4.6's on 300ft dirt, on GAS..... all im saying is it screams...so they DO work.

I wanna race on this track, I'd be running 3.5's :headbang:

He's either full of shit or not telling you the whole story.

No stock port, stock stroke banshee motor with stock carbs that is running mid 4's on gas.

Unless the bike weighs 100 lbs and so does the rider....

By no means am I saying that the Dynoport pipe is garbage, it's a good pipe...for the right application.

If Kennedy is only worried about Peak HP on the dyno, he's wasting his time on a 2 into 1 pipe.

A pair of Shearers will make more peak HP. I think he's looking for peak HP for any particular setup, which is what you shoot for in conjunction with a good, manageable torque curve.

Shearer pipes make great peak power, there is no doubt there...but you don't see guys running around tight trails with them....

He's either full of shit or not telling you the whole story.

No stock port, stock stroke banshee motor with stock carbs that is running mid 4's on gas.

Unless the bike weighs 100 lbs and so does the rider....

By no means am I saying that the Dynoport pipe is garbage, it's a good pipe...for the right application.

If Kennedy is only worried about Peak HP on the dyno, he's wasting his time on a 2 into 1 pipe.

A pair of Shearers will make more peak HP. I think he's looking for peak HP for any particular setup, which is what you shoot for in conjunction with a good, manageable torque curve.

Shearer pipes make great peak power, there is no doubt there...but you don't see guys running around tight trails with them....

Says who :lol:

Edited by okbeast

snop that last part lost me. So are u saying dynoport has the tools to build a decent pipe but don't?

I follow all of your post, I'm kinda like a stalker when it comes to your replays. I value your opinions even though sometimes I dont fully agree with them but I've relized you flat out hate mono pipes and your reason is in the numbers.

Off topic I'm doofmeatwadd on xbox live, we gotta play some mw2 sometime ill be on tonight. I wanna see if your as good at cod as u are with banshees lol

Dynoport and motofast made the 2 into 1 pipes as good as they are going to be. Rich Daly at Dynoport is one smart dude, and he uses a dyno to make pipes (he ported my cylinders). I ran a motofast pipe a long time ago. I also ran a dynoport for a few years up until about 2 years ago. My observations are based on dyno testing, and then real world seat of the pants testing. When I want to try something new, I will borrow the part, dyno test it, and then decide if it makes sense to buy the part and use it. This is what happened with the dynoport pipe. I dynoed a borrowed set of Pro circuits and decided to ditch the dynoport for them. I am glad I did. They make more power than the dynoport pipe did in every aspect of the power range from the bottom to the top.

Its like I said earlier, twice! Im not interested in running a single pipe unless I get the answer to every single one of those questions I asked.

I haven't played a whole lot of xbox in the last 3 months, but I may get on here soon.

Hey snop, you may as well add 2 more questions to your list. 1. Do they actually fit without shimming the shit out of evey mounting point and still not hit the fucking head, carb caps and frame all over the place (my inframe shearers fit like refried dog shit.) 2. did they actually put some decent chrome on them that doesnt flake off the welds and rust after a trip to the beach. ( I have 2 sets both shit) :shootself: I swear if those fuckers didnt run so well on the hot motors, he wouldnt ever sell a set

Question to the OP. I am assuming you are looking for a more duner friendly powerband over all out high end HP other wise you would have just chosen the shearer dual pipes. So whats with the big ass carbs. I would think 38s and a 2 into 1 pipe arent working toward the same goal. Just curious. I originally ran 39pwks and shearer duals on my CUB when it was a duner and I wished I would have gone CPI and 35s or even 33s i think it would have been easier to tune and much more duner friendly. Doesnt matter now as it only goes straight for short distances anymore.