Converting pwk to alky

quadgod211

Lectrons can sometimes be. Buy high priced carbs , got wrong needles, buy $70 set of needles, burn up motor because you now realize they have the wrong seats, spend $70 on new seats, fix floats cuz they leak real bad, then the tune ride and be happy. See how easy they are. Lol. No really I like lectrons but pwks are great carbs. Mine are .122 dumps , dgh, with the PJs turned about half way. I love em. Great user friendly carbs when done right.

how can you have the wrong needle if they have pe-1's in them? ( alky)  i personally have seen more issues with people installing dirty or unpurged un clean lectrons than anything.  not sure why people seem to think they are just fine to buy used  and imediatley slap on the bike and run em,  when the same person wouldnt buy a set of anything else and just throw them on without completely taking them apart and cleaning every mm of them ??

nothing wrong with pwk's or mikuni's i guess if your going to do a set to just order the 3 different size needles you may need and then you can have what you would possibly need when you get ready to run them/.  plus billet bowls. of course either would need the larger bowls anymore. 

its just my personal preference.  and after watching temps change and seeing people fight mikuni, and pwk's in those situations and knowing that in about 5 minutes i can change the needle position if i ever need to with the lectron.  although unless its a big temp change i usually don't have to  i just prefer easy.  and also i can on a lectron revert back to gas without even taking them of the bike.. 

Hmmmm Shawn liked Mikunis last I spoke to him. He had some dyno comparisons on his 10 Mil where the Miks made lots more power.

Nothing wrong with any of the carbs though. All will get the job done. I prefer Lectrons. I used to be anti Lectrons all the way.

• Like 1