535 cheetah timeing

Last time we were talking about this bike, judging by the plugs there was room for more timeing, so upped the timeing plate from 5 to 6 +, bike wouldn't start, it has a dyna box on stock curve setting, for the hell of it I take the dyna out I put stock cdi, still no start! So I put the timeing plate back to +5 with dyna box on stock curve kick the bike once it fires, kick it again and Ofcoarse it starts! Why won't it start when I go above +5 when clearly on my plug read it wants more timeing? Domes are cut by Tim, I'm running the base gasket I was told to run.

Anyone?

The stock dyna curve is not the same as stock OEM. So make sure you clarify which one people are referring to when looking for opinions on what other set ups are using.

With your Dyna and + 6 on the plate that is a lot of advance. Which thread was there photos I your plugs? The track one?

I forget that's why I opend up this new one. Cheetah tuning or something like that.

It's been a wile since I had time for this thing but I have a race coming up in a cpl weeks so time to prepare.

But I also had it a +6 with stock cdi same thing, no start. Lower it stRts. Motor is a drag port k&t so I was told, domes cut by tim

It has spark, when it's not starting. and 1degree on my plate moves nice and easy iether may, not pulling on anything, I could move it a cpl degrees. I got it running once on +6 but I had to kick it over and over a shit load if times, it would fire, not start, finally it started one time, shut it off could never get it to start again.

That should be a pretty good indicator that you're trying to give it a bit to much advance. Plus where the mark is on the strap, seems like it's already beyond happy. If I'm looking at that picture correctly. Dunno, maybe someone with more info on reading timing will chime in. Just seems excessive IMO. That's a big Fuggin motor and with the added dwell time of the stroke, it should be happier with less timing. To boot, your crank will thank you with several extra passes.

Anyone think dome or squish issue is why it needs more timing to get the burn correct? My first thought was wiring shorting out when its in that position but you swear it has spark. You could buy a spark tester at the store and see how strong your spark is at 5 vs 6 degrees. Sounds crazy but at least then you could eliminate ign problem.

Dome design..... For sure could be a huge issue. More specifically on the cheetahs. Needing that much to get a good burn is definitely an indicator of an issue. OP, why keep chasing the timing? Is it just not running right? You're sure the fuel is right and the heat range is correct?

Edited by trickedcarbine

I'm not sure about anything! Lol this is my first drag motor, first drag bike, I read I study I come here and ask questions.

I'm just having a nightmare of a time, with my inexperience of setting this motor up to run, to its full potential, to be 100% honest and to the point. Also I showd those exact pictures in another thread(wish I could fucking find it) and many of you said I needed more timing and from what I read about it, cause I do reAd and study this shit lots, I believed it could use more timing also. The burn mark is befor the 90, so I figured I would try a degree up. I haven't had much time with it, but this weekend I will have a chance to get on it, I have a race coming up so this time out I would like it to run harder.

As always I appreciate the comments.