Pwk alcohol carbs help please

Needing advise on my carb setup. I can't get it cleaned out worth a damn to take off. Just falls on it's face for about 50ft then cleans up and takes off. Been as low as 15-42 trying to leave in 1st and still won't take off. Quite a bit of fuel being blown out as soon as I crack the throttle. Would you go smaller mains and pilots or just mains? Tried timing from 4-8* without change and needle from top to bottom. 39pwks. .120 mains. .126 dumps. 60 pilots. 10mil cub. 42 squish 190 kicking psi. Any advise would be appreciated!!

like cam said small pilot and lean needle. it would be easier to tune if the dump tube wasnt so big but i dont think you can do anything about that with pwk's. also make sure your not drwaing fuel through the powerjets at low throttle.

Edited by dozer

chese n rich  jet the pilot down.  you messed with everything except what was wrong..

if the powerjet wont supply enough fuel with the smaller dumps they can lean out on a longer run.  especially if its a cub. they need a lot of fuel to stay alive.

this is what i would try first.  get a 125 main, drop needle to middle position. drop slow untill it will idleok and only takes about 1 sec to clean out from just sitting.  it needs to rev easy just sitting after a quick clean out..  then open pj all the way and ride it should fall on its face as you hit full throttle.  if not  your right on the edge of being to lean on the main, and power jet. if it falls on its face turn pj down a 1/4 of a turn untill it pulls.  it might blubber a tad on top and you can then install new plugs and fine tune from there.  then as the weather changes during the day you may have to richen or lean for temps on the main.  if it gets to the point its to lean on the pilot you can then go spend another hour in the pits changing pilots to a larger step or raising needle to get it tamed down. 

with lectrons you could just move the needle down without even taking the carbs off and most likely right there where you were doing your initial tune at. most times i have the needle set and the idle good before it even goes out for the first run  sometimes a small needle adjustment is needed but it takes about 5 minutes   then as the temps change they are not nearly as picky on tune. 

I have a set of .124 mains it woudknt even rev up. Just blow tons and tons of alky. Had needle all over. Bearly responded. Put .120s in it and it's a little better but still junk. It's always started and idled perfect. Soon as u crack the throttle it'll blow raw alky. I've tried the pj almost closed and it still won't clean out. But while revving trying to clean out it's not pulling fuel through the pj's.

I'm kinda kicking my own ass. Had lectrons and wanted to give pwks a try. Thus far this has sucked. Lol