Needle

Well not sure I bought it a few moths ago only road three times!!!! I work out of state ill know more this weekend when I go home going to take carbs apart and clean!! It is real boggish from Take off to 1/2 throttle then 1/2 on it screams!!! Atoka native sugested to check needle and pilot jets . So that what I'm going to do over east plus a plug chop

I see tons of bikes with just stupid rich needle settings. They are dogs in the low-mid throttle position. They are much more fun when the needles and jetting is spot on.

Your bike may be rich on the main too. If the main is rich it will be sluggish and clean up when going thru the gears but then may burble up top from being rich.

To answer your question about needle position effecting any other circuits. Yes they do but only a small amount. If for example you had a bike jetted right on the edge perfectly on the mainjet then leaning out the needle a clip or two would be bad. Otherwise it is really 1/4-3/4 like Special said.

To answer your question about needle position effecting any other circuits. Yes they do but only a small amount. If for example you had a bike jetted right on the edge perfectly on the mainjet then leaning out the needle a clip or two would be bad. Otherwise it is really 1/4-3/4 like Special said.

Hopefully that should be very apparent to anyone in this hobby...

Here's a diagram that depicts what jets affect which circuits.

carb_chart.gif

Take them apart, one at a time so you don't inadvertantly mix parts.

Note what jets you currently have in them, ie., pilots, needles, needle clip position and mains.

Use carb cleaner and wear safety glasses.

Pull the floats off and the needle of the fuel inlet needle and seat.

Use some toothpaste on a q-tip to polish the seat.

Use compressed air to blow every orifice out completely.

If you're talking about stock carbs, i recommend ordering new OE bowl gaskets and switch out the bowl screws to allen heads.

Adam , 150s could very well be just fine for jets in 33 or 35mm keihin pwks. Honestly you are lucky as heck to be from atoka. Go to the atoka drags some weekend for a test and tune and have someone help you. You can not jet a bike off the sudco site. It has to be ridden and usually someone knowledgeable can show you alot in 10 mins if you are willing to listen.