Pwk alcohol carbs help please

Listen to Redline. It needs leaner needles. It really needs leaner dumptubes as they are drilled too big but with leaner needles it can be fixed hopefully. It probably shoulda had .120/122 dumps with the EGN or EGL needles. Somebody screwed up there. I would see if Cam at Redline has a good guess as to needle for you and get em from him.

the PILOT can make a big difference..  again  change the problem.. try a 50 then a 40 then go from there.  i would just be concerned that after you change needle, and get it to rev by smaller needle and smaller main it wont have enough on top to stay alive.   the problem you have right now is it is monster rich at idle and right off idle.  there is so much fuel in the pipes it would probably take 3 miles wfo to finally blow it all out and start to pull  if it ever got to that point..  then i bet the tank would be dry..

Listen to Redline. It needs leaner needles. It really needs leaner dumptubes as they are drilled too big but with leaner needles it can be fixed hopefully. It probably shoulda had .120/122 dumps with the EGN or EGL needles. Somebody screwed up there. I would see if Cam at Redline has a good guess as to needle for you and get em from him.

Yea he already said EGQ. Even EGN would be better than what you have. I've ran those carbs drilled to 0.125" without issue on a couple of very different t motors. Maybe not optimal but no reason you can't make it work.

• 9 months later...

Needing advise on my carb setup. I can't get it cleaned out worth a damn to take off. Just falls on it's face for about 50ft then cleans up and takes off. Been as low as 15-42 trying to leave in 1st and still won't take off. Quite a bit of fuel being blown out as soon as I crack the throttle. Would you go smaller mains and pilots or just mains? Tried timing from 4-8* without change and needle from top to bottom. 39pwks. .120 mains. .126 dumps. 60 pilots. 10mil cub. 42 squish 190 kicking psi. Any advise would be appreciated!!