32.5 on stok carbs?

TroyBrock

Fmf fatties, 64.50mm, stock stroke, k&n pods, V force 4, TORS deleted.

400ft above sea level, mid 60s getting warmer.

I'm currently at a 30 pilot and that's all the way in, I still have a tad bit of sputter in 3rd right before I hit the main jets. Are 32.5 Pilots too big for stock carbs? Both plugs look exactly the same.

Needle is on 3rd, fmf needle, main is 280, stock porting. Sorry missed that.

It's definitely lean bog, it's almost gone as I turned the pilots in. They were out at 2 turns, sputtered bad in 1 and 2nd, went to 1 turn out, still sputtered in 2nd, all the way in sputters in 3rd.

FMF does recommend a 30 for those pipes with stock reed cages so it very well may take a larger then 30 pilot with the VF4's. Although, your issue sounds like it may be needle related if it happens right before "the main kicks in".

Its also very likely you have an air leak that is causing the engine to need more fuel.

I would first do a leak down test and verify it really just needs more fuel and there isnt another issue that is causing it.

Put those needles all the way rich and try it

I'm gonna leak down test it and then I'll mess with the jetting more. I'm gonna pick up some 32.5 anyway and a couple size bigger mains.

Doesn't mean that 1 or more aren't leaking. Also crank seals.

Leakdown test will reveal all to me tomorrow.

Thanks for the help everyone.