paul turner pipes?

bansheeonfire

I recently purchased a used set of paul turner high rev pipes for my wifes 2006 banshee. first of all there is a stamp that says 99 banshee on the plate, cant see how that matters since they are all the same 87-06. anyways there are 3 problems, first, the right pipe butts up against the coil, second the pipes touch both the coolant pipes and third, the left end of the pipe butts up against the fuel petcock, allowing me to only run on reserve!!!!  anyone had the same problem??

holy shit!!! you guys rock, 10 minutes and a reply, on bluetraxx 3 days no reply, I know where im staying, seriously though I would have to be a complete idiot to have these on the wrong sides, I had them on  right as per your pic.  but what about the coil?  is that dent in the right pipe there from the factory to butt up against the coil??

yes I did try putting the coil on the upper side of the mounts but then the plug wires didn't reach and I did not want to buy a splice set and more spark plug wire. seems like a lot of shit you have to do to get these to work but im going to strip it down again hopefully this weekend and start over. I just got frustrated on my first try because as I said there is a lot of tweaking to do as opposed to the fmf pipes I have on my banshee  .but the replies I got from all of you solid guys inspires me, I will post back when I am finished.  btw one more question, I have 260 main jets in my banshee, would this be a good size to start off with on my girlfriends banshee?  it is bone stock other than a Toomey foam air filter,  

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been really thinking about switching from t5"s to pt.. Now I'm a bit nervous after hearing about these little "tweeking" problems but over All how did you like the pipes performance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like them. I had the mids on last season and now put on highs. Just reving the bike in place I could hear the difference in the pipes. I don't have any seat time on the highs, but the mids were on all last season. And they weren't fast pipes, but the power band came on so smooth you couldn't really hear it like a normal 2stroke. As for feel, they top end wasn't anything to write home about but the bottom and mid. It would just pull extremely hard. The power was very usable in tight trails and very easy to manage the bike. The transition was smooth and felt almost like a 4 stroke.

I'm a believer in these pipes. I'm hoping for the same results with the highs. But just that, higher RPMs.

Sheerider... the PT high's are going to be like T5's but with way more low mid and from what I hear they out rev them too.. come back and do a write up once you have some ride time! I wouldnt mind hearing a back to back write up on them...

Will do. I'm hoping for an all around pipe that has low to top that's all usable. Not looking for drag pipes, but any trail rider knows what I mean. So once this snow stops and it gets above 20 degrees we might brave the cold and just get some laps in to get rid of the bug of not riding all last season and winter since my accident.

Here's a pic of her bike as of now

B3F2046C-B98C-4C3A-B4E9-BA3776A3715F.jpg

I'll get better ones once she gets the plastics done and mounted.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got another banshee with duncan motor and PT high rev pips with fat boy silencers and the end cap points to the ground... this is really quiet, can I modify this somehow and make it louder like the T5's are.... ?  What about cutting the end cap off where it curves down to ground will that help?  thx

Frank

I just got another banshee with duncan motor and PT high rev pips with fat boy silencers and the end cap points to the ground... this is really quiet, can I modify this somehow and make it louder like the T5's are.... ? What about cutting the end cap off where it curves down to ground will that help? thx

Frank

Get me a picture I may buy them or I can trade you the fmf on my girlfriends bike. She has high revs and fmf silencers