Nitrous

B.b.p builders

For the past few weeks I have been looking for information about running nitrous. I have found bits here and there, I also did a few searches here and didn't find much at all here on bhq.

I just picked up a kit for my cheetah. Thought it would be great if there was a good NOSS thread, here on bhq, filled with all the ins and outs about running nitrous on our banshees. Maybe some installation pics too?

Here are a few of the main things I'm wondering about, but really am hoping guys will fill this thread with everything a guy should know about running nitrous on a banshee.

I'm running v-force reeds, from what I'm learning the nitrous will freeze the carbon reeds and is very hard on them, if they will even last a cpl. Passes is something I am getting mixed information about, but majority of what I'm reading says they are no good for noss.

What I want to do is spray after the reeds? But just after the reeds. Has anyone had experience with this? This is something I am getting mixed information about also, I read it's fine, but I also read that the pressure from the noss spray after the reeds can cause the reeds to not work properly?

I'm really interested in seeing some pics of installs after the reeds, and hearing from guys who have done this.

Wot switch installs would be great to see also. I couldn't find any "great" wot switches, great as in something that fit inside the thumb throttle. Is this out there?

I picked up a boss noss kit, it seems to have mixed reviews, but it also seems to me, to be the easiest kit available, I'm running methanol, from my research thus far, plan to run mixed race gas as my enrichment fuel. I plan to run a 30 total shot.

I would buy a new twin cylinder nitrous express kit. Most a your questions are answered in the previous replies. If you want to try a different installation location, other than what has already been mentioned, then that is up to you.

You are getting the same anwsers in open forum as you did in my pms. Nitrous Express has a fuel soleniod for methanol. They have a excellent power sports tech line for assistance.

I have been using nitrous on my banshee since 2006. Current top end has been together since 2008. Spend the money and do it right the first time.

It will be much cheaper than melting it down, with a questionable set up. Just my opinion, which isnt much.

Good luck with whichever way you chose to go

Jimmy

Deuce I appretiate your time. And do believe in what I say.

For some reason I am very interested in injection after the reeds? I guess it's not for "some" reason, reasons are I read the hit is harder, and it is much easer on the reeds, I'm not trying to "reinvent the wheel" I have read many spray after the reeds, I just can't find details on this method.

Jim thanks again

Rob

Ive seen and been around what I consider very exotic ATV nitrous setups including some that were 3 stages with separate nozzles for each stage and all 3 nozzles in different locations all being controlled by thousand dollar timers/controllers. Im not telling you its not possible to put them in other places Im just telling you that it tunes and reacts very much different in other places. For the sake of learning and keeping your motor together Id recommend that you build/buy a "traditional" setup first and learn what does what. There are lots of ways to tune the nitrous. Delay, bottle pressure, fuel pressure, jet size, nozzle type, jet type, pulse, line length, line diameter, enrichment fuel, enrichment fuel oil, no enrichment fuel oil, etc etc etc are all effective if used correctly but all change with each other. Until you have a GOOD handle on making the basic shit work you are going to really struggle to get involved with an exotic setup. Regardless, toss that boss mess in the garbage.

Green and deuce nailed it. The boss is a ludicrous set up. I know you just bought it and I don't wanna hear about how you wanna make it work because it's what you have. You should sell it ASAP. Or return it as it's unused I hope... Nitrous is fun, but you need to be able to control many variables, as well as eliminate some. The Boss won't let you.

It's funny, well not really, but will be to you guys, the hole reason I picked the boss noss kit over others is for all the reasons you guys say it's junk, now I'm guessing you guys must really think I'm dumb, but hear me out, so you can try for a second to understand my way of thinking, I thought being new to running noss, not haveing to worry about bottle pressure, fuel pumps, fuel pressure etc. I am not for one minute saying I made the rite choice, just stating why I made the choice I made.

I thought the constant same 300psi no matter what the bottle pressure is, would make it much easier for a guy with little exp.

I guess it seems like such a great idea, only to the inexperienced?

I'm not no serious racer, like some of you, just a guy who loves fucking with this shit, probably even more then I enjoy racing it!

I guess after I use it, it will help me understand more.

It's funny, well not really, but will be to you guys, the hole reason I picked the boss noss kit over others is for all the reasons you guys say it's junk, now I'm guessing you guys must really think I'm dumb, but hear me out, so you can try for a second to understand my way of thinking, I thought being new to running noss, not haveing to worry about bottle pressure, fuel pumps, fuel pressure etc. I am not for one minute saying I made the rite choice, just stating why I made the choice I made.

I thought the constant same 300psi no matter what the bottle pressure is, would make it much easier for a guy with little exp.

I'm not no serious racer, like some of you, just a guy who loves fucking with this shit, probably even more then I enjoy racing it!

So your still gonna use it after EVERY single person told you not to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you drink the BOSS koolaid you will become a believer in their bullshit. They make it sound "easy" to sucker you into their methods and BS. In an uncontrolled environment on say a snowmobile where a guy is looking to use it every now and then through the day and the bottle is under the hood or seat where the temps swings are big and you don't have the advantages of examining the scenario before you flip the switch and stab the throttle the boss shit CAN work but doesn't ALWAYS work, and there are big differences between a rolling go hit and a dead stop hit. You are using this on a drag bike where you have the great opportunity to be sure everything is correct before pulling up to the tree. There is nothing to learn with boss. hook it up and if is works (which even if it works rarely will it actually help the bike because their "tune" is so far off) great, if it doesn't you replace parts and scratch your head knowing that you cant change a fucking thing and just try it again in the hopes that it magically fixes itself and doesn't repeat the process from the last pass.