Stock stroke stock cylinder porting?

hughmyron

For the record, (not trying to pick a fight or be a smart ass) but any motor is on AV gas is half assed. It's not real race fuel but it certainly ain't no premium either. It's some where half way between the two....... Half assed!

Any cub should at least have stock tranny done with a play/ez shift/pro mod type of cut or it's only performing to half of its potential.... Half assed!

Yeah you can bolt these things together and they'll run, but with out taking care of the little details, it'll only perform half as good as it should. With the forums these days it's impossible to not have access to all the info needed. With the wealth of knowledge around here, you really would be doing a half assed job by knowing what should be done and just being lazy and not doing it.

I constantly get shit for tinkering with my junk. Always fine tuning on stuff.

I very rarely work on my junk during a ride and constant get people amazed at how well its setup and shifts and runs etc.

I would take a slower well thought out setup before a big hp slapped together mess.

Any cub should at least have stock tranny done with a play/ez shift/pro mod type of cut or it's only performing to half of its potential.... Half assed!

The set up may be considered half assed but not the motor. The motor may be a solid animal but due to chassis set up, driver and/or trans it could still leave some e/t on the table. Sometimes, the owner of the bike is content with that and built like that on purpose. Nothing wrong with that. You could say if it has drag cylinders like a cub, the bike needs an override. period. but many will disagree.

Same can be said for AV gas. Sometimes you may be something and get higher compression than intended and due to riding a lot, AV gas is cheaper than getting race fuel.

The set up may be considered half assed but not the motor. The motor may be a solid animal but due to chassis set up, driver and/or trans it could still leave some e/t on the table. Sometimes, the owner of the bike is content with that and built like that on purpose. Nothing wrong with that. You could say if it has drag cylinders like a cub, the bike needs an override. period. but many will disagree.

Same can be said for AV gas. Sometimes you may be something and get higher compression than intended and due to riding a lot, AV gas is cheaper than getting race fuel.

I agree completely. How is AVgas even half assed? Thats the most derp thing ive heard all day today. When you run alot of compression and timing you need a fuel thatll prevent detonation, if AV gas does the job then....? How is that even half assed. wow....

Thats like saying c16 is half assed because q16 has more octane rating and c16 is not oxygenated like q16.

guess i'll chime in here.

to do a "drag" 350, 365 etc stock cylinder in MY OPINION  you HAVE TO take the bottom end apart.  i would never recomend doing agressive porting and proper domes on a bone stock bottom end.  i'm positive my 350 would smoke your friends 4 mill on av gas..    doing the motor right the first time will most likely guarantee that you can have a reliable build.  i personally really like the stock moto setups because of the reliability of them

and YES frame and light weight setups are key to making a small motor run very hard. i'd say more like 75% of the overall package.   you get a 80hp banshee motor in a 220 lbs chassis and it has the right gearing  light rider, and right tire setup  yea  its going to be quick.   add 20hp on top of that and its even better..   to me smaller motors dont struggle to rev like the big ones do  they like light weight a LOT and love to be able to be held in a certain rpm range.  ( most in the 9000-11000 area)   BUT one thats broader power is funner to ride.  my 350 is very broad on the power  of course it took about 24+ hours of cylinder work to make it do that. it makes less overall HP i'm sure  BUT it pulls about 650lbs total bike rider weight on 14/41 gearing with 12 paddle haulers just fine.  it wont "fall off the pipe" if you undershift it  OR if you throttle it in a wheelie.  most "drag" setups i have seen are in the total bike/ rider weight of about 400 or less  i dunno  maybe i am the only one that thinks this way?

i REALLY think you need to ask yourself what you are really wanting??  a high rev motor  or something that is actually fun to ride in the situation you have described..  if you want light switch power thats easy  if you want broad proper setup  that takes a lil more than a big exhaust port...

Ffs ....hugemoron, are you and Trenton tigney one of the same?

neckbeard

your gonna lean it out and blow it up savin gas lol... buy an ugly ass 5.5 gallon gas tank... and its usually no more then $75.00 to weld and true your stock crank.

What? No thanks rather just throw a 1 gallon red jug on a 6 pack rack then one of those ugly ass tanks. Money isn't the problem, the down time is. I work LOTS and LOTS of hours, i refuse to take it to a shop.