banshee with reverse

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well wheres the link? i wanna see how it is possible without lunching the trans. a banshee trans is made to go forward only. on the rare occasion it does go in reverse something usually ends up costing a few hundred or more. I STILL CALL BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Where are you getting your information Rollerstarter? I would like to see this.

Rmstator.inc is a 30km from my home and I am going to move this week to buy a ajustable timing plate.the guy made a demonstration and said that c finalized soon and that it will have between cost 450-500can for the complete kit with big stator plate and everything.

Edited by Rollerstarter

yamaha actually came out with a banshee in 1992 that had reverse. it was sweet. just like the new 4 strokes you could pull a lever and go backwards. they decided though that it looked too dangerous because guys with 10mm cub banshees going 110 mph backward was a hazard.. go figure? :shrug:

i have had my shee ( with old stock motor) start backwards.. i gave it a quick kick and it must have kicked back and started.. i noticed it ran like shit so i let the clutch out and it was running backwards.. of course the timing was waaay slow.. scared the shit outta me.. i would think that the engine almost stopping and kicking backwards would be hard on piston skirts, rods and so on.. also what about the water pump??

i have had my shee ( with old stock motor) start backwards.. i gave it a quick kick and it must have kicked back and started.. i noticed it ran like shit so i let the clutch out and it was running backwards.. of course the timing was waaay slow.. scared the shit outta me.. i would think that the engine almost stopping and kicking backwards would be hard on piston skirts, rods and so on.. also what about the water pump??

It'll pump the other way.

it`s total bullshit. the guy is full of shit.it will go the way of the roost boost, and them propellar thingys you put in your intakes. think of the liability the company would be responsible for.you wanna turn a banshee around, tach it up dump the clutch and spin .like any real man would do. reverse is for girls and utility quads.