Banshee Carb Question

muggzy

Hello ALL,

I'm rebuilding a '97 Banshee 350 that I inherited needing a LOT of work. We've just disassembled the carbs to clean them up since they haven't been used in 3-4 years. While reassembling them, I noticed that the left carb (on the right in the attached pic), the one with the choke has a brass pick-up tube (white arrow) that the right carb (left in pic) is missing. There is a hole that this tube goes into on both carb bodies and there is a larger hole in the float bowl (blk arrow) that they would sit in when assembled.

Thing is, when I looked for the part on the parts diagram in the Clymer book and in the on-line carb diagrams (http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaATV.asp?Type=13&A=145&B=9), the tube doesn't show up at all.

What's the deal? does this part only exist on the choke (left side) carb or is it missing from my right side carb. If it's missing, do I have to make one out of brass tubing since it doesn't show in the parts lists?

Oh yeah, the carbs are Mikuni round slide VM26SS.

post-30300-1247350005.jpg

Edited by muggzy

Nope the right side carb does not have one. Only the left side with the choke.

Yours look good bud. :thumbsup:

Edited by savage420

Thanks Savage420 that's reassuring. Now that I've got everything all put back together - If I could only get a spark...

No spark at all?

Have you tested the coil and stator yet?

Also see if your kill switch AND key switch if you still have them are working properly.

Only way to see if the CDI is bad is to try a buddy's or get a new one.

Oh and make sure your pick up coil gap is set to the proper gap.

Edited by savage420

So what is this little tube for? That thing threw me for a loop a few weeks ago when I was rebuilding the carbs. I noticed the one bowl has a little jet in the bottom of it too.

• 3 weeks later...
So what is this little tube for? That thing threw me for a loop a few weeks ago when I was rebuilding the carbs. I noticed the one bowl has a little jet in the bottom of it too.

It tricked me to, the tube feeds the choke when plunger is pulled. If you don't have it on the left carb your choke will not work. I tend to learn things the hard way.