60FT times suck

daweaseltoo

There's some good advice so far, but there are some other options also.

One, depending if you are running a lock-up. You can also take away some primary pressure in your clutch to help wiith your wheel spin/60'time. Depending on your arm weights you might have to add weight to get it to lock-up down track. It will not solve all your problems, but it will help with the overall set-up.

i don't know my arm weights. i have ran it will all oem springs and though i was slipping too much (seat of the pants) and no times...... so i put in 3 stiff, 3 oem.

pic is with all oem springs and yes that's me in last...lol.

DSCF1393.jpg

Edited by daweaseltoo

i don't know my arm weights. i have ran it will all oem springs and though i was slipping too much (seat of the pants) and no times...... so i put in 3 stiff, 3 oem.

pic is with all oem springs and yes that's me in last...lol.

Seat of the pants usually doesn't work. Timed increments is the way to do it.

Me personally, I would have stayed with the 6 stock springs. Then would have worked with the arm weights using a gram scale.

The clutch is not the cure all for your set-up, but the right clutch set-up along with the overall set-up. Is always key to s strong running quad.

Seat of the pants usually doesn't work. Timed increments is the way to do it.

Me personally, I would have stayed with the 6 stock springs. Then would have worked with the arm weights using a gram scale.

The clutch is not the cure all for your set-up, but the right clutch set-up along with the overall set-up. Is always key to s strong running quad.

any idea what i should start with for arm weight? or is that a secret :rolleyes:

any idea what i should start with for arm weight? or is that a secret :rolleyes:

Not really a secret, but there's not enough information. The lock-up tuning thread in this section starts to cover your question.

The clutch set-up needs to have a baseline to work from. The most critical being primary pressure in lbs. & arm weight in grams. Other things play a factor too.

We have a 4 mill stock cylinder stock uncut frame on race gas that runs 4.20-30 everywhere. Most of the time it pulls a 1.55 or so 60ft but has done a best of 1.491 and ran a 4.20. 15-42 gearing running 14 stg extremes at 72.5 ro and jockey weighs bout 150. Bike weighs bout 290

At this last race, i think there was only one bike that turned in the 3's and it was a triple. some dm's were running 4.0?'s

I just bought some 14 pdl ext i can't wait to try out.

I'm spinning bad at the start and need to do something with my clutch too?

I think this conversion in the far lane ran 4.2

DSCN6380.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Fellas, don't expect too much outta a pure sand Oregon track. If the cars run, or its the second day of racing, its not gonna happen. If you haven't been running on Oregon beach sand, its hard to understand. You can always improve, but when I run 16 kevlar extremes on a 2 stroke single and 60's are 1.67 at best, there's no traction at the gate.