T5 jetting

Glenyboy

Hi I've just bought a set of t5 exhausts for my standard banshee, from what I've read I need to re jet the carbs. I looked on the toomey site and see they do a kit for them, question is what jets come in the kit? Can you buy that size jets from anyone else/cheaper? Plus I live in the uk and I'm at sea level and we use 95ron fuel here so would they suit it or would I need different jets?

Thanks for any help given as there's nobody from around my way that can help.

Air box or not? With dual filters and T5 pipes I run 330 main jets and a 27.5 pilot with the clip in the middle position on my bike.

I would say 330 is going to be to rich since you are running an airbox still I would go with a 320 to start and probably not even change the pilot for now just change the main jet and see how it runs.

Hi I've just bought a set of t5 exhausts for my standard banshee, from what I've read I need to re jet the carbs. I looked on the toomey site and see they do a kit for them, question is what jets come in the kit? Can you buy that size jets from anyone else/cheaper? Plus I live in the uk and I'm at sea level and we use 95ron fuel here so would they suit it or would I need different jets?

Thanks for any help given as there's nobody from around my way that can help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply from Toomey Racing USA:

Banshee T5 or TR6 Jetting;

Our pipes are designed from scratch as an integrated system, or KIT if you will, which is intended to work in all respects, as a fully tuned package of parts not to be split up and used individually.

Our pipes require our Perfect Jetting Kit (custom ground needles and main jets) which provides the PERFECT fuel curve for the stock engine or with simple modifications.

It is also required that you ventilate the stock airbox, with at least twelve, one-inch holes, (We supply the 12 snap-in vents for this purpose) to allow sufficient air into the box as will be demanded by the pipes.

OR

Our 2:1 High Flow Filter System, which replaces the stock box and, will filter the air AND not restrict flow.

NOT the individual K&N filters on each carb, as they create bad turbulence in the intake, creating unstable airflow.

ANYTHING else, will result in a different fuel curve, and is nothing we can support (you are a test pilot).

Feel free to test to your hearts content, but this is the combination we have tested and designed which we know, will product the rated power.

We use a #280 main jet at sea level, on a standard day (59 deg F / 29.92 baro),

We set the needle on the 4th groove down from the top.

We use the stock Pilot jet (#25)

We set the airscrew to 1.5 turns out from full in

We set the float levels at the stock setting (21mm +/- 1mm)

With any other changes in density altitude, (actual altitude above sea level, corrected for pressure and temperature effects), changes must be made to the main jet to compensate.

Without instrumentation, you must cover your bases by a wide margin. This is why we say one jet size for every 2000 feet altitude change from sea level. THEN corrections must be made for temperature, which also affects density altitude. So, if it is hot out (90degF) at 2000 feet, you may have a density altitude of 3500 feet or more, and need a 270 or 260 main to maintain proper carburetion.

You must test in your local area at the time to be sure.

Suffice to say, if it is running well, leave it alone.

If you frequently go from the beach to the mountains, you may have to keep after it.

We keep the 2:1 High Flow Filter Systems, (and Outerwear pre-filters) Perfect Jetting Kits, Uni-Filters, and Uni-Vents in stock.

We also have (at a discount) the "KIT BAG", which is Uni-Vents, 2-stage Uni-Filter (for the stock box) and our Perfect Jetting Kit, instructions and stickers

(This is also the difference between a pipe SET (pipes and silencers only) and a Pipe KIT.

ST

Thanks for the info, 280 is a bit different from the 320 I was told but hey you make the things! I did email yourselfs the other day as I require some o rings and springs for the t5's and some silencer stickers as they've half torn off just wondered what the postage would be to the uk on those items? And how many o rings would I need, just that none were included from the guy I bought them off.

Also just to pick your brain on your 2 into 1 intake system, is it designed for dry conditions only as I my banshee is going to be used on the road so I may get caught out in wet conditions, can they be used with outer wears? or if I made a form of splash guard underneath or would you recommend the airbox route? Just wondered how susceptible they are to water?

Thanks Glen

if you can afford it just get the toomey jet "kit" it comes with needles and with those needles and the recomended jetting they run excelent. the needles are also stainless like stock and wont wear out they are worth it.

Thanks for the link, yeah 2 posts in 9 years! That's what I call keeping in touch with your clientel! Still haven't received a reply to the mail I sent over a week ago, does anybody here know what/how many o rings I need for the t5's?

1 each