toomey t6

ban06shee

your gonna hear all kinds of opinions i believe you will be very impressed with this set up it will run great just make sure you get it jetted correctly. :thumbsup:

im dropping my bike off at a shop ive heard alot about called racers edge im here in az so hopefully theyll do a good job, is it pretty easy to do it myself?

the jetting is really easy and if you need any help the guys here on hq know their stuff and could walk you through the steps, if you decide to do it yourself just ask lots of questions and you will get the answers you need. also pick up a clymer manual for the banshee.

the jetting is really easy and if you need any help the guys here on hq know their stuff and could walk you through the steps, if you decide to do it yourself just ask lots of questions and you will get the answers you need. also pick up a clymer manual for the banshee.

whats a clymer manual and were can i get it at?

Good set-up and what we put on my son's Shee. We did a good bit of checking prior to deciding (on the HQ mostly) and from what we heard/read, this is one of the best set-ups for a stock motor. The kid's been nothing but happy with this set-up. He consistently out-runs the YZ 450's in our group up the hill (of course those are stock!).

The guys that talk about getting the jetting correct are right. If you have a local shop doing the work, they should be able to get it dialed in for riding in your area. I went with the jets Toomey spec'd (we ride elevations from sea level to 2000 ft primarily) that came with the pipe kit and haven't had any probs.

This isn't a difficult install to do yourself if you're mechanically inclined, especially if you're not removing the stock carb tops. Even then, the scariest part about the whole thing is drilling the carbs for an idle screw. Re-jetting isn't difficult. Determining the correct jetting is the challenging thing. Don't start from scratch. Ask for help on the BB here. Things like typical altitude you ride at, any motor mods, etc is helpful to the guys who will be answering your questions.

Edited by bansheedad02

Good set-up and what we put on my son's Shee. We did a good bit of checking prior to deciding (on the HQ mostly) and from what we heard/read, this is one of the best set-ups for a stock motor. The kid's been nothing but happy with this set-up. He consistently out-runs the YZ 450's in our group up the hill (of course those are stock!).

The guys that talk about getting the jetting correct are right. If you have a local shop doing the work, they should be able to get it dialed in for riding in your area. I went with the jets Toomey spec'd (we ride elevations from sea level to 2000 ft primarily) that came with the pipe kit and haven't had any probs.

This isn't a difficult install to do yourself if you're mechanically inclined, especially if you're not removing the stock carb tops. Even then, the scariest part about the whole thing is drilling the carbs for an idle screw. Re-jetting isn't difficult. Determining the correct jetting is the challenging thing. Don't start from scratch. Ask for help on the BB here. Things like typical altitude you ride at, any motor mods, etc is helpful to the guys who will be answering your questions.

yeah that just sounds intimmidating, ima go ahead and just take it to the shop for the jetting cause i dont want to mess up my bike. everyones been a great help thanks again!

nice setup and i like the look of t6. Nice and smooth

Make sure to jet it right. U should be between 280-310

When i had mine i just installed them and i jet it lean. Both pipes have turned to a gold color and blued out where the pipe fits the cylinder.

Jet it right to keep them look nice

if your running the k&n pods you will probably end up with a 320 main toomey needle on the 3rd or 4 clip stock pilots.. im not sure of the elevation in tucson but here around phoenix that is the setup i ended up with for my wifes banshee and that was where mine was setup before i did my other mods. and a clymers manual is like a chilton manual for cars but its for the banshees and you can order them from one of the site vendors or get one local at a bike shop most places should be able to get them.Tom

if your running the k&n pods you will probably end up with a 320 main toomey needle on the 3rd or 4 clip stock pilots.. im not sure of the elevation in tucson but here around phoenix that is the setup i ended up with for my wifes banshee and that was where mine was setup before i did my other mods. and a clymers manual is like a chilton manual for cars but its for the banshees and you can order them from one of the site vendors or get one local at a bike shop most places should be able to get them.Tom

well the elevation is 2,389ft in tucson, i already had a not to good experience with powerbrokerz because i just got my pipe and jet kit today and when i opened the jets i got 3 270's and 1 280. i dont even think im going to use them right? should i even worry about it? im thinking probably not. how much do jets cost? thanks for the help

well the elevation is 2,389ft in tucson, i already had a not to good experience with powerbrokerz because i just got my pipe and jet kit today and when i opened the jets i got 3 270's and 1 280. i dont even think im going to use them right? should i even worry about it? im thinking probably not. how much do jets cost? thanks for the help

i am at sea level, and 50-80 temps, im running 280s with same setup, pods + pipes, and they are telling me here its too rich... so for you i PERSONALLY would not go over 300.. and stay with 25 pilots just tighten the air screw 1 turn or 1/2 a turn

i am at sea level, and 50-80 temps, im running 280s with same setup, pods + pipes, and they are telling me here its too rich... so for you i PERSONALLY would not go over 300.. and stay with 25 pilots just tighten the air screw 1 turn or 1/2 a turn

i could use the 280's before i went to the open filter setup but it was still a tad on the lean side, all bikes are a little different just make sure you do a plug chop after you get it jetted.