FMF Powercore II Spark Arrestors?

doug123

Hi - do the FMF Powercore II's have spark arrestors in them? Going to Silver Lake and need to be legit sound/spark arrestor wise. Has anyone with Fatties/Powercore II silencers ridden there and had no trouble? Thank you.

Nope the power core II's are not spark arrested. You need Turbine Core II's those are spark arrested. If they meet silver lakes sound requirement I dont know. FMF also has the Q silencer. It is supose to be 96db and it is spark arrested.

http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Category/104

Nope the power core II's are not spark arrested. You need Turbine Core II's those are spark arrested. If they meet silver lakes sound requirement I dont know. FMF also has the Q silencer. It is supose to be 96db and it is spark arrested.

http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Category/104

Thank you for the response.

Do T5's have built in spark arrestors OR an adapter? If so, I think is what I'll try and pickup.

Thank you.

Just read this post:

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118246&hl=turbine&st=15

(People running stock pipes being yanked from the dunes)

What gives guys? I'm driving 12 hours and need to know for sure that I'll be allowed to ride. I have a set of FMF Powercore II's and can't afford to buy silencers and then meter the sound...

I thought thinkdunes.com would have a listing of the basic bikes...i.e., Banshee Stock Exhaust good to go, Powercore II's no go, etc...

Really need to get this figured out. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

A little late on the reply but when I called FMF they said that the PCII's are not spark arrested but the TCII's are. I asked them about sound also and I was told they both put out approximately 98-100dB's on both the Blaster and the Banshee. And to answer the question on the T5's, they are NOT spark arrested, though you can buy spark arresters that go in place of the exhaust tips of the silencers simply by pulling out the snap rings and changing them. But they are very loud (louder than the FMF) so what you would need to do is contact Toomey Racing for what's called a "Hush Kit" and that will make you legal for sound. Though it is not spark arrested, they do make a version of the Hush Kit that does include a spark arrester, and costs about 60 bucks more. I personally run the spark arrested hush kit on my T5's and I've been checked by overzealous rangers at Sand Lake (93dB limit) in Oregon and have passed every time (and they sound really nice!). Sorry for the long/late post but I hope this helps!