banshee with reverse

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way dont believe it

It is definately possible... Polaris and ski-doo use an electronic reverse on all their 2-stroke snowmobiles. when you push the button, it basically stalls the engine, then restarts it running backwards ( this all happens within a second). Polaris even offers the system as a kit to update their older sleds without reverse. It probably wouldn't take too much to make the same type of system work on a banshee. I think the kit is just a new cdi, flywheel, and harness (and secondary clutch for sleds). The reverse system works great on sleds, so i don't see why it wouldn't work on a banshee too. sounds like a great idea to me. :thumbsup:

Thats what I need another 25 lbs of crap added to my Banshee. You know it will cost out the ass. First you have to convert it to an electric start for this to even begin to work.

It would only add a couple of OUNCES to the weight of the machine (just a button on the handlebars). And you don't need electric start either. Just start the engine like any other day. When you need reverse, just push the button. The engine will begin to stall and just before it stops spinning, the cdi will "backfire" the engine and start it back up in reverse. when you are done with reverse, push the button again and the precess repeats itself, restarting the engine in forward. The system works great on the sleds. No reason it wouldn't work on a 'shee too.The system should only intail a new CDI box and a button, so cost shouldn't be more than 250-300 bones. I would buy one, As zach45 said, MINT FOR TRAIL RIDERS!! :beer: