Tires size for 1/8 mile.

10milmike

Fuck it. Going to order 18x8x10 and 19x8x10. They are cheap.

LOL! IMO that's fucking up & wasting money. Grasshopper, experience goes a long way into knowing what to do.

IMO, the right tire for our combinations would be a 19" or 20" diameter with a 5" or 6" tread width. We both know they don't make that tire.

This is purely my opinion again, I would probably lean toward a 18x10x10 on you combo over the 8" wide combo.

A rash decision is never a good one IMO!

• Like 1

LOL! IMO that's fucking up & wasting money. Grasshopper, experience goes a long way into knowing what to do.

IMO, the right tire for our combinations would be a 19" or 20" diameter with a 5" or 6" tread width. We both know they don't make that tire.

This is purely my opinion again, I would probably lean toward a 18x10x10 on you combo over the 8" wide combo.

A rash decision is never a good one IMO!

Even with the above information I gave, I would do some more research before I made a decision on one of my bikes.

This is an outside of the box looking in question. And STY does shit that everyone says doesn't work, but does the tire width create the resistance down track like the big paddles do? As much as I'd like I haven't ran pavement YET. But it would play out to me that the less contact that tire has down track the better. Any insider info on that?

This is an outside of the box looking in question. And STY does shit that everyone says doesn't work, but does the tire width create the resistance down track like the big paddles do? As much as I'd like I haven't ran pavement YET. But it would play out to me that the less contact that tire has down track the better. Any insider info on that?

I resemble doing shit that everyone says doesn't work, LOL! The stuff I do is taken from my 1/4 drag car experience & adapted to our ATVs. Sure things are a little different, but most of the shit transfers over. Most people don't understand how the 2 different vehicles correlate. It's pretty easy to understand when you have been lucky enough to have done both.

Tire width does cause additional friction down track & cost ET/MPH. I'm only going to hit on a few other areas, but the are more. The next problem with a wider tire is accelerating the mass.

The last trend in drag racing is flat hauling ass on a small drag radial tire. Think about what's going on there, some of them areas addressed & some that are not?