Hinson clutch basket?

Abel138

If your stuck on using hinson parts dont be worried about the spring loaded one. im running 3 of them 2 bikes easily over 100hp with no issue. the only thing is your stuck with their ratio straight cuts. with the cushion basket you can run any ratio but i feel the same as others, your paying for the name.

• 5 months later...

only baskets that have held up in my motors are the big anodized matton's  or the spring loaded hinson.  any other basket and i at least convert it to a big bolt, thick plate, mattoon cusion basket.  every other one i have ripped the bolts out of or blown the cusions out of them.

if you run the spring loaded you will most likely have no problems related to clutch basket failure.  its a good choice. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

my questions is when do u really need to use a billet clutch basket, 421, 10 mil, 18 mil????

Any time the stock basket in a bike is finally worn it should be replaced with a quality forged unit. The Magnum/PE basket is what, 150ish now. Wonder what a new OEM costs since you have to buy them with the gear attatched.