The best setup for running the 1/4 mile on a banshee OPINIONS!

Hazzard Racing Customs

What kind of truck? My camaro was in no way a drag car. It was 3400 without me in it. Horrible gearing for 1/4.. Tremic tko600 manual trans. The only thing the car did well was spin the tires. With some time and tweaking the suspension and chassis, it would of went 10.8-9's all day.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Lol me to I will post up some pics and what my plan is setup wise here later and u guys can tear that apart till I get a good idea of what I SHOULD be setup like cuz I'm sure I'm way off lol but I'm trying my best lol

TTT, any pics or runs? 

I called a troll job long ago to another member. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slower than you quick question ( i know this topic is old) and also about 1/4 mile... But what do your bikes typically run in the 1/8th when you run 1/4? Obviously I know your not setup for the 1/8th when your trying to go 1/4 mile but also when you do setup for the 1/8th what difference do you see bikes run in the 1/8th being setup for it versus what the clock in the 1/8th when your trying to make a 1/4 mile pass.... If any of that makes sense

Slower than you quick question ( i know this topic is old) and also about 1/4 mile... But what do your bikes typically run in the 1/8th when you run 1/4? Obviously I know your not setup for the 1/8th when your trying to go 1/4 mile but also when you do setup for the 1/8th what difference do you see bikes run in the 1/8th being setup for it versus what the clock in the 1/8th when your trying to make a 1/4 mile pass.... If any of that makes sense

Believe it or not the set-ups for 1/4 & 1/8 mile really aren't that different. Typically our 1/4 mile set-up will run in the low 6's & has dipped into the 6.0's on occasion. 

Our main change when running 1/8 mile is using only 5th gear thru the finish line. That's to keep our rpm where we want it in the traps. During our 1/4 mile runs we are in 6th gear about a 100' before the 1/8. That's the only change gearing wise made for the 2 different distances. That change alone nets us around a .10 decrease in ET for the 1/8 mile. 

Now, when we travelled for head-ups racing we change a few other things to go along with the above 5th gear only deal. 1st, we change out our 1-4 manual 5 & 6 trans and put in the full 1-6 override. 2nd, we add more timing. 3rd, we sometimes lean out the motor a little. Lastly, we sometimes have to run our larger rear tires. So, what do all or some of these changes net = right around a .20 decrease in 1/8 mile ET.

• 1 month later...

I'm just now reading your reply.... So setup for the heads up for the 1/8th it was doing low 6's and occasional 6.0 or the .20 decrease was taken off that to put you in the 5.80s ? .... We have been messing with asphalt and I'm building a new bike personally for dirt and asphalt but havent/ won't ever run 1/4 mile so was just curious what all setup changes had to be made as I've learned a lot with the switch from 300 ft dirt to 1/8 asphalt and was guessing 1/8 to 1/4 was probable even more of a change

I'm just now reading your reply.... So setup for the heads up for the 1/8th it was doing low 6's and occasional 6.0 or the .20 decrease was taken off that to put you in the 5.80s ? .... We have been messing with asphalt and I'm building a new bike personally for dirt and asphalt but havent/ won't ever run 1/4 mile so was just curious what all setup changes had to be made

5.80s NO, but I wish!

I will explain that reply a little better this weekend.