WCR TRANSMISSION?

chrisp250r

well he sent me the 1st one and the output shaft was bent, he told me that if i took it apart and put the gears on my shaft that he wouldnt stand behind it, so i box up both trannys and send back while hes supposed to have another one comin to me at the same time and instead of sending me one he waits on my shit to get there, unstacks the gears off his bent shaft and puts them on my straight one like i wanted to do then sends the mess back to me... my builder puts it in the case and it wont even make a full revolution in nuetral without the top case on... so i call him up and tell him this and he proceeds to tell me that me and whoever is workin on this just dont understand how an over ride works and that he knows for a fact nothing is wrong with this one because he put it together himself and to just "put the shit together, run it, and call back on monday to apologize" so at this point my buddy says to hell with him, and starts investigating to find a cracked 3rd gear so my buddy takes one out of a spare tranny and cuts the dogs off the back of it himself, puts it together and it now works fine no thanks to mr whittaker... we call him up and tell him whats goin on hes apologizes and says he will warranty it even though we took it apart and that he will send a gear to replace the one we had to use... and now here we are like 3 weeks later, no gear, no reimbursement for shipping back to him like he said, but whatever if the crap works im cool, and in my opinion its not even worth the hassle of messing with him just to get back my 15 bucks and another 3rd gear.... but after all of the shipping and the time i had in it trying broken transmissions i still have less than 250 in my N-down 1-4 so what can i say? i just have shit luck i guess

i re did the drum a lil,trust me nothing major but a lil goes a long way with smooth shifting

Do you happen to remember me contacting you before? had a nasty shift from second to third. I had it out the other day and its still doing it after replacing the forks last fall. I noticed the drum looked like garbage and wondered if that was it. well after riding for 30 mins i gave up tryin to think what it could be and started driving it hard. and with a small amount of clutch slip the noise was gone, and shifted perfect . any idears?

Edited by crazycanuck
  • Like 1

WCR is the biggest hack I've ever dealt with. After both his/wife's crappy customer service and his kindergarten machine work. Not one of his 4 transmissions worked properly. I got tired of sending stuff back and forth and fixed 1 of the 2 last transmission I got from him. The other one eats the front single fork in 20 runs. The bikes gets pushed to and from the dragstrip with a pit bike.

WCR is the biggest hack I've ever dealt with. After both his/wife's crappy customer service and his kindergarten machine work. Not one of his 4 transmissions worked properly. I got tired of sending stuff back and forth and fixed 1 of the 2 last transmission I got from him. The other one eats the front single fork in 20 runs. The bikes gets pushed to and from the dragstrip with a pit bike.

What trans are you using? I have yet to have a problem.

Do you happen to remember me contacting you before? had a nasty shift from second to third. I had it out the other day and its still doing it after replacing the forks last fall. I noticed the drum looked like garbage and wondered if that was it. well after riding for 30 mins i gave up tryin to think what it could be and started driving it hard. and with a small amount of clutch slip the noise was gone, and shifted perfect . any idears?

If your confident with your work smooth it out,I have done about 15 trannies now and all shift like butter,the only one that has a little snag in it is in my bike,it was the first tranny i bought and was excited so threw it in without checking it,if you decide to take it out let me know,and its been my experiance they dont like to shift easy its hard or go home

• 2 weeks later...

after all of this talk about overrides, who else cuts good ones? and what about price wise from each said builder? reason i ask is i am planning on getting one soon and just want to know who all is out there to possibly buy from. thanks

after all of this talk about overrides, who else cuts good ones? and what about price wise from each said builder? reason i ask is i am planning on getting one soon and just want to know who all is out there to possibly buy from. thanks

Talk to Kevin @ HJR, I got mine from him. Price was good and excellent lead time.

Sleeper, which trans? Was it the extreme?

The Trans that sleeper is talking about is currently in my bike, it sat on his shelf for awhile before it went in my bike, there was a lot of problems surfacing with the extremes, so just as a precaution Carl sent them back to WCR before installing them, so they could fix the so called problem.

Than even after they came back from WCR, Carl tweeked them alittle like stated, this is my first override so i was know pro by any means with these things. I ride pretty hard, i actually destroyed like 2-3 trannys before this one, after my 4mil i could NOT shift under a load, tried all sorts of shit and nothing worked.

HJR cut a trans for me and that got destoyed, carl tried fixing it and I destroyed it again banghead

Carl will have to chime in here, bc im not positive on all the details with the trans, but Im rough on these things. :whoa:

The extreme has been in my bike for some time now, with tons and tons of abuse and it still shifts like butter, I just got back from glamis and Im thinking about splitting the cases just to see how the dogs are wearing and to go through everything.

But as far as the tranny goes, my bike finally fucking shifts, so thats all i care about. WCR knew they did something wrong with the extremes, he did not run from the problem, he owned up to it and fixed the problem and thats what counts in my book..

At the same time for my riding style, a override sucks, Im still looking for a stock modded tranny that will hold up in my bike and actually freaking shift!!!!!!

Joe

what in hell are you doing to them??

i have a stock modded trans that shifts ( if you USE it right) if you are wasting transmission you are not hard on them you are abusing them that is you are most likely shifting at the wrong time stuttering the throttle in gear or backloading hard core in gears.

I have never met anyone like joe ,he destroys everything,so for him to have this trans in his bike for over a year sais something.His tranny is a ndown 1-4 5th 6th clutch.It was originally sold as an extreme but been changed a lil towards a reg dunable.My bike has the reg dunable from wcr in it for its 3rd season of asphault abuse and felt fine when i put it away