WCR TRANSMISSION?

chrisp250r

I have mixed feelings about WCR.

I can tell you my 1-5 N down I bought through Jeff @ FAST (done by WCR) about 5 years ago still works flawlessly.

The Extreme transmissions left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouths.

They've moved shop a time or two, and that creates issues for getting a hold of them.

I did read where they bent over backwards to help one guy out with a 6 speed override (very tough to do and keep it working on a banshee...very tough) and the user just couldn't be satisfied in the end.

I think the user was asking too much, WCR even went as far as to ask the user to send their cases in so they could test it....long drawn out story.

I have a guy that does transmissions now....but I can tell you WCR's normal transmissions (NOT 1-6 or Extremes) are damn good trannys.

And again, I haven't heard anything on the extremes either...last I read they were working hard to figure them out and make them right.

Any builder right now is having some set backs due to the weather all over the country. When the superbowl is in Dallas, TX and there's a ton of ice and snow...you know there is problems....:)

I have had a my 2-5 duneable in my bike for 5 plus years plus the stock forks.. Still works great.. I agree with dave and shayne if there is a problem greg will take care of it.. Just a little patience is required.. I'd buy another for my next build for sure

Ive had my issues with the extreme,there is def literature in here on it,but recently have had greg talk me through some shit that changed my opinion on him

I think there is a post on here dragging him through the mud.

If you haven't already, I think it would be the right thing to do to post this in that thread as well.

I dont remember if i altered the post but the fact remains i still remilled the drum on my bridgport to fix issues with both trans,and thats after i got them back the second time from him.Would i hesitate to buy another,hell no .I would buy one in a heart beat,.i was dragging him through the mud the same way anyone would have after having a $1100 of useless shit laying around and no answers or call backs .He rectified the situation,oops gotta go do taxes later

I wouldn’t have a problem using a wcr transmission. I think they do a good enough job on transmissions. I just wouldn’t want to be in a position where I had to trust anything they told me that includes giving them money and waiting for something. Through a vender that wcr deals with all the time would be the way to go IMO. I personally hope he drops a transmission on his bare foot today for the raw deal he did to me.

guess i missed that whole post...

i wonder how the "extreme" was sapposed to work i understand the std override, the N down, and the so called duneable. but i whole heartedly believe that with either the std or the duneable you should still not backload the trans..

I dont remember if i altered the post but the fact remains i still remilled the drum on my bridgport to fix issues with both trans,and thats after i got them back the second time from him.Would i hesitate to buy another,hell no .I would buy one in a heart beat,.i was dragging him through the mud the same way anyone would have after having a $1100 of useless shit laying around and no answers or call backs .He rectified the situation,oops gotta go do taxes later

what were the issues with those 2 trannys? ive come to the conclusion that the problem with mine is the sloppy work on the drum... did you re-do them??