Lesnar vs overeem

VictorK

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am picking Brock he is due for a good win

Brock does not want to stand up in this fight... Lets face it, Brocks standup is sub par, Overeem is a K1 kickboxer, great standup. However the ground game is just as lopsided, Brock has great takedowns, and BRUTAL ground and pound, Overeem is like a fucking turtle on his back. I see Brock taking this fight to the ground and getting a TKO 2nd round. Overeems cardio looked like shit against Werdum, and I think brock has the gastank to keep Reem down and finish the fight there.

I think that Cowboy Cerrone vs. Diaz will steal the spotlight tonight. Donald is on a rampage right now, and Nate Diaz always comes to fight.... this fight has fight of the night written all over it.

Should be a good card.

meh, he dominated while he could. catchya brock.

overeem, never heard of him before, and i did want brock to win. but brock did fuck all, he got kicked in the guts and said "fuck this"

eye is on overeem, didnt seem to have to try for this fight. lets see how he goes against DOS.

i hope DOS wins that fight.

Bad for UFC to answer your question, Brock brought a whole new fan base to the UFC. and also i think he was still hurting from his surgery but like him or not he dosnt give a shit he would fight anyone. Diaz bro's are both animals great fight that was, and my hometown area boy Jimmy Hettis looked real good in his debut. :headbang:

Overeem has been the real deal for quite some time. The guy is one of the best heavy weight K1 kickboxers that has ever fought before, and like i said in the earlier post, Brock wasnt going to fair well if he stood with a K1 kick boxer, that is what made this fight go down like it did. A liver kick is one of the most brutal kicks that can be landed, and reems shin dug into Brocks liver pretty hardcore. JDS vs. Reem is going to be good, however JDS will beat Reem because of Reems piss poor cardio... Mouth was wide open last night in 2 minutes, and same for the Werdum fight.. that simply wont work against JDS.

As far as brock retiring it really does not matter to the UFC.. for every 5 people that loved brock, there was 25 that hated him, so as far as PPV sales ect, its irrelevent to the UFC.

Cerrone looked like dogshit, got too emotionally into this fight against Diaz, and that shit falls right into Nick and Nates world. They are the masters of talking shit, pissing you off then kicking your ass. To beat them it takes a calm guy

that doesnt get so amped up like Cowboy did. He went in, forgot all about him gameplan and got his ass kicked.

Loved seeing Hendricks put fitch away in 12 seconds though, wow.

Brock brought a lot of new fans to the UFC, a lot of people hate him but most of those people are the die hard ufc guys. the people who watch a fight here and there liked brock and I think there's a lot of those type of people around.

I am a Brock fan, first ufc fight I watched was lesner vs herring. I think he downplayed how sick he actually was and tried to fight with it. He is a monster and it does take a serious athlete to start training for ufc in his 30s and then become a champ. Regardless of the opportunities he got before he deserved them there's no question that he did beat quality fighters.

I don't see overeem beating a heavy weight that has good take down skills and submissions. but I would love to see dos santos beat him hes awesome

Good card overall. I honestly didnt think Overeem was gonna last 2 rounds with Brock. I saw him recently but I dont remember who he fought, and I thought he looked terrible. Huge, slow, no cardio. The Hendricks fight was crazy. I honestly think diaz is a turd and thought he was gonna be in a fight, but he pissed Cerrone off too much, got him out of his game and beat his ass. Cerrone looked tired and intimidated to me. I did think the kid that fought Nam Fan, Hettis, was the most impressive on the card though. Made everything look effort less. He's gonna be a good one.

Brock looked like shit. Fucking pussy. Overeem didn't look all that great either. I think JDS picks him apart. Overeem's standup is overrated as far as I'm concerned. Beating Brock on the feet is no big surprise.

Cowboy let Diaz get to him. Idiot. I could tell after the first exchange that Cowboy was getting his ass kicked.

I like Fitch but kind of glad to see him go to sleep.

I also think it's funny that since GSP fought Fitch, he has only stopped one fighter, BJ Penn, who is really better suited at LW. But the guys that GSP can't finish are getting their asses kicked by other guys.