Shogun VS Jones

SlowMoe

Haven't seen too much of either of these guys. I saw Jones live in Denver when he broke Brandon Vera's face, and a couple of tv bouts he looks like a young phenom for sure. The way he dominated Ryan Bader was really impressive considering Bader is usually very dominate.

Ever since I saw Rua's fight against Mark Coleman I never really liked him much; Coleman was looking so old and decrepid and looked like he needed an oxygen mask yet Rua couldn't put him away. Looked good against Chuck and Machida though...

I don't see it going all the way

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jones is a homo

.. hows he even get a title shot!?

god freak, sociopath, narc, he is all of these

i hope to god he doesnt pull off some crazy shit and somehow beat shogun... in a perfect world shogun knocks him the fuck out in round 1

shogun is an animal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69fInnXXSc

fuck john jones

how is he a homo...ur tha one with a dude as ur avatar.... jones going to whoop that ass... and ya act like his lucky or something he has destroyed everyone he has fought....

the fact that you dont know who that DUDE is in my avatar, is inexcusable ... anyway :

Win Ryan Bader

Win Vladimir Matyushenko

Win Brandon Vera

Loss Matt Hamill DQ (obviously a win till the illegal elbows)

Win Jake O'Brien

Win Stephan Bonnar

Win Andre Gusmao

Win Moyses Gabin

Win Parker Porter

Win Ryan Verrett

Win Anthony Pina

Win Carlos Eduardo

Win Brad Bernard

hes only fought a couple legitimate opponents... none of which are at the top of the LHW division anyway, i duno whos dick he sucked to get a title shot, i think it was more of a slap in the face to rasahad evans by dana white to give the shot to jones out of nowher

shogun:

Win Lyoto Machida KO (Punches)

Loss Lyoto Machida Decision (Unanimous) (clearly BS - he proved trhis in the rematch)

Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches)

Win Mark Coleman TKO (Punches)

Loss Forrest Griffin Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) - sometimes forest surprises people.. lol

Win Alistair Overeem KO (Punches)

Win Kazuhiro Nakamura Decision (Unanimous)

Win Kevin Randleman Submission (Kneebar)

Win Cyrille Diabate TKO (Stomps)

Loss Mark Coleman TKO (Broken Arm) ouch

Win Ricardo Arona KO (Punches)

Win Alistair Overeem TKO (Punches)

Win Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Decision (Unanimous)

Win Quinton Jackson TKO (Soccer Kicks) - fuckin DESTROYED him

Win Hiromitsu Kanehara TKO (Stomp)

Win Yasuhito Namekawa TKO (Punches)

Win Akihiro Gono TKO (Soccer Kicks)

Win Akira Shoji KO (Punches)

Loss Renato Sobral Submission (Guillotine Choke)

Win Erick Wanderley TKO (Punches)

Win Evangelista Santos TKO (Punches)

Win Angelo Antonio de Oliveira TKO (Soccer Kicks) 5

Win Rafael Freitas KO (Kick)

the level of competition between their records isnt even on the same planet - not to take anything away from jones.. but he hasnt even been tested yet, shogun will be his first

this is what has me worried :unsure:

It should. Jones does not have the resume that Shogun has, but Jones entered MMA the same way that Shogun did. Hungry, talented and able to whip people's asses. There have been a lot of comparison between the two of them and how they were straight killers when they started MMA. Shogun wasn't always Shogun. At one point in time he was "Jones."

jones is a homo

.. hows he even get a title shot!?

god freak, sociopath, narc, he is all of these

and

i hope to god he doesnt pull off some crazy shit and somehow beat shogun... in a perfect world shogun knocks him the fuck out in round 1

so

fuck john jones

because

hes only fought a couple legitimate opponents... none of which are at the top of the LHW division anyway, i duno whos dick he sucked to get a title shot, i think it was more of a slap in the face to rasahad evans by dana white to give the shot to jones out of nowhere

but

not to take anything away from jones

Sorry Mike, i couldn't help myself :jesterlaugh:

Jones' resume only looks the way it does now because he has only been in the sport for a couple years, kinda hard to compare Shoguns (a legend of the sport) and Jones' (rising newcomer) resumes, really doesnt prove anything.

I really like both guys so im not going to be upset with either guy losing. I think Jones will win this though, 10" reach advantage, very unorthidox, and amazing wrestling. I see him getting a choke in this fight. Jones looked absolutley massive compared to Shogun at the press conference today, going to be hard for shogun to use his leg kicks and strikes when he is at such a huge reach advantage.

Other factor is you never know how shoguns knees are going to feel... always in question.

Who did you want to get the title shot Michael Jackson? Rampage turned it down, rashad is hurt, t. silva is on the positive drug test right now, and out of the top 10 guys left that leaves Couture, Machida, and Griffin... no thanks on any of those fights over Jones. I think he is well deserving of a title shot.