Best pipes?

06SE_Shee

Here's the problem with fmf. It's the owner.

Fmf are hands down the biggest pipe manufacturer. Cheapest too. So any one can get there hands on them. They wind up on 90%of bikes that are basic bolt on bikes. Next are toomey.

But they end up on these bike that basic beat up un maintained bike. So it gets sold to the next guy. Bike runs like crap, pipes get swapped along with 1000 other things. Now they turn around and say it was all the pipes.

It's like people saying banshees are high maintenance, hard to tune, temperamental to temp change, and all other stupid rumors. It takes one guy to say it and word to spread around. And being fmf has been around since the beginning that's the rep that they got. It's been being sai for the longest time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can do a lot with a set of SB CPI's.  It may be stock now but it's only a matter of time before you start building it.  Depending on your height, the expansion chambers on CPI's can be hard to stay away from when you're turning aggressively.  That was the only drawback for me.

Too many fmf haters here! most pipes out there are similiar copies of fmf, ive seen too many shees behind mine with same mods and different pipes over the years. imho you cant beat fmf for the $

Edited by Bansheeejohn
  • Like 1

unless your comparing SST's to other trail pipes its a lil off.  

gold series stink, fatty's not to bad  SST very similar power to fatty but stronger overall and more overrev than fatty.    one of the funnest bikes i had was running a heavy ported 350cc stocker on alky with override, undercover lockup and fmf sst center mount..   peeps would see the pipes and think for sure it was a turd.  

• Like 1

Haha. Repost when you wake up from dreamland.

ok im up now so what are you thinking i swap my fatty's for some cpi's and i'll pick up three bike lengths right...ha ha you kids cant waste money fast enough

Edited by Bansheeejohn