Bad flywheel?

Ok so this is were im at.. Cleaned carbs.. Checked reeds, compression, coil, newer stator and pickup , good gap all around.. Bike fires up and run ok at idel..but if you give it gas it Boggs. Now I took off flywheel and noticed it has the sound of sand/bbs rattling in it..so my thoughts it's a bad flywheel.. Question is this symptoms of a bass flywheel?

looks like some one tried to pull the first one off with a jaw puller it's all bent around the edge

Well I've always used a flywheel puller and had no troubles.. Then my bike started to stumble sometimes rite b4 it got up to normal temp. All I had to do was hit kill switch and kick it over and it was fine, weird rite? That happened for about 2 months of hard riding.. So recently it intermittently miss fired on one side,, put a new plug in and cleared up, rode 3 times and acted up again.. ( since I did my top end maybe more than 60 hours ago I NEVER fauled a plug.) So figured top end needed refreshed. Nope. Good compression so after 9 hours today of trying to clean and check every connection I can clearly point my finger at that damn flywheel... Sry for the story but there's really no " symptoms " of how a flywheel will slowly take a shit! ;)

• Like 1

Well I've always used a flywheel puller and had no troubles.. Then my bike started to stumble sometimes rite b4 it got up to normal temp. All I had to do was hit kill switch and kick it over and it was fine, weird rite? That happened for about 2 months of hard riding.. So recently it intermittently miss fired on one side,, put a new plug in and cleared up, rode 3 times and acted up again.. ( since I did my top end maybe more than 60 hours ago I NEVER fauled a plug.) So figured top end needed refreshed. Nope. Good compression so after 9 hours today of trying to clean and check every connection I can clearly point my finger at that damn flywheel... Sry for the story but there's really no " symptoms " of how a flywheel will slowly take a shit! ;)

well if it rattles then you need a new one. buy the correct puller they are only $15

have you checked the plug wires and caps?  did you change anthing when this started to happen?  carbs synced?  float bowls on correct carbs? choke tube installed? slides in correctly?  what does the spark look like when kicking over?

Race Tech Electric stators FTW!

Site sponsor and proven quality.