UFC 148

dirtydownunder

I don't think he is #2 at mw. Many people, myself included think Bisping beat him, he lucked out not getting Munoz too. Munoz worked his ass in college wrestling so Chael really doesn't have that advantage on Munoz. I think Lombard would beat him, Bisping would beat him in a rematch, and I'd put belcher over him as well. Anybody that can stuff takedowns can beat the guy. I'm just not into talking like he does, especially when he can't back it up.

MMA needs more colorful guys. The crazy shit is what intrigues people and makes them want to watch. The story behind the fight is just as important as the fight itself to the casual fan. Since hardcore fans make up a small percentage of the people who buy or watch PPV fights, we need the casuals to be interested. It is a proven fact that drama sells. That is part of the reason the UFC puts on the Primetime show. It's just buildup.

Can you imagine MMA with 1,000 guys who act like GSP? Fuck, wake me up when it's over.

I agree with that, but the stuff he said was just taken a little to far for me.

I'm not a fan if talking about someone's family at all. that's grounds for climbing through a bedroom window with a bottle of chloroform and someone waking up in a field with a shovel stuck in the ground in front of them.

Bisping talks a lot if crap but keeps it clean enough to leave guys families out if it. Perfect amount if trash talk is Koscheck. Says he wants to kick your ass and that's about it.

That said though, i agree if it was all guys like gsp, it would be boring.

Its not really a sensitive issue with me. I just don't know why you would want to look like a complete jackass by running your mouth and then not be able to do what you said. Chael talked big game, went out and fought like a little kid. Bisping talked mad shit to Henderson and got the worst knockout he will get in his career then looked like a fool, kos did the same to Gsp and got his face wrecked for 9 months.

I guess my thing is if you can't do it, do say it.

Being a jackass = big money.

The big name guys get a PPV cut. The more buys the more money they make. It's purely hype to get people to buy it. These guys have to sell themselves. It's really no different than marketing.

Look at Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, OCC, etc. All shows filled with nothing but nonsense with huge ratings.

I agree its funny as hell, we do the same thing we always have a blast talking shit at the coalhills !!! we have a group chat text going on all the time busting balls but we dont really talk about family members just us guys.. I respect that and no one really steps over that line!!!

I do think he might take it over the top but that is what sells

I guess if selling yourself as a douchebag is ok with the person go for it. Money will make people do stuff Dumber then talk too do I guess that's how it goes.