Driveline Performance background info

Hey Guys,

My name is Lane Lauer and I own Driveline Performance. Thought I would give a little background about myself and my company.

I originally started in this industry back in the late 90's, myself and a buddy had a company called Dynoedge. Some of you guys that have been around for a while might remember that name. We mostly did drag engine builds and dyno tuning for just about any quad.

In 2003 I opened my own dyno tuning shop and we dynoed everything from quads to dirt and street bikes. I even had a Dynojet snowmobile dyno and spent the winters clutch tuning more snowmobiles than I care to remember. Snowmobiles were a nightmare to hook up to a dyno and the clutch part company's at that time were the most back stabbing people I've ever dealt with so that was a venture I couldn't wait to get away from.

I took a lot of the information I learned tuning everyone's stuff to come up with the clutch components that I carry today. After dyno tuning for years you learn what works well and what doesn't. I added chains and sprockets to go along with my clutch parts since it was a common item people asked if I had.

About 3 years ago I decided to buy a Haas cnc mill so that I could expand my product line. I had a lot of designs that I wanted to produce, some of them were ideas that we had back when we were Dynoedge. I figured the only way I could get them made at a reasonable price was to do it myself. Some of the billet items I have are products that have been made for years but I do try and make them the way I think work the best.

I have a few Banshees and I've done every kind of riding and drag racing. Back in the 90's Myself, Tyson racing and A&S were some of the first people to really get heavy into asphalt racing. Tyson and myself ran 1/8 and 1/4 mile on lawn mower tires LOL! American racers weren't discovered yet by the Atv world and Hoosiers only came 18" tall. The taller lawn mower tire was better for 1/4 mile speeds.

So basically I'm a one man shop at this point and I try and create new ideas and products to better the Atv industry. I'm glad to help out anyone anytime. You can call the shop if you have any questions or problems and I will try to do what I can to help you out. If you call and no one answers just try back because it's very hard to hear the phone when the cnc is running.  The new shop phone number is 248-793-3535.

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

I run his lock-up, his clutches and some other items……... ;)

Can't say enough good things about his support of the sport and the people involved in it.  :clap:

Wow!!! NYUK your going way back with dollar and shooter. I actually talked with dollar a month or so ago and he wants to get his Banshee back up and running again. The last time he rode it was in 2003 when him myself and shooter went to Stanton (Mid Michigan Dragway) and did the midnight madness 1/8 mile race. He blew his transmission that night and it's been sitting ever since.

Shooter and I went to Fallon in 2004 over memorial weekend and he sold his chassis to Camatv I think after that trip. He met a girl (his wife now) so that was the end of his banshee career. I still talk with him now and then. He moved over by Lansing near A&S racing and has like 4 kids now.

I try not to let Bill hang around to much Lol! He does come in handy when I have multiple people over to dyno.