Converting pwk to alky

quadgod211

Takes just a few minutes to drill out. Some drill some other orifices but it's not necessary. You'll need to get bigger pilots and different needles also. And learn to tune alky. May need a pump and/or bigger bowls depending on the application.

I always ran lectrons when I was on alky but all my buds run pwks but didn't do there own conversion

But I was scared of drilling to big and trashing them

Already got power jets installed but will need bigger bowls

The motor is a 521 supercub hope fully ported by currie motorsports or redline

If they have dgh needles in them it should be good with those needles. Basically when you drill the dumptubes you might want to start as small as .116 and do very short passes checking for heat on the plugs. I just tuned a 521 supercub last week on the dyno. .116 was too lean so just jumped to a .122 and did the dumps and mains at .122 with the dgh needles they came with the carbs it was perfect after leaning the needles one clip. The 521 SC draws fuel well so the two that I know of that were converted used dgh needles instead of richer ones like a 421/465 cub would want egh or egl. Dont drill larger than .122. If it is lean on needle or main at .122 go to a richer needle.