Gearing

B.b.p builders

Loco your not fucing around. .... bbp gear low... are u running a 2-5 or 1-5 trans? Im sure u will get them to break loose on the launch,,, its that 1st gear shift im worried about... (bog)....by the way dont ride a bog out... (super lean condition)... double clutch or kill it... your shift window will be very small wuth that RO .....this is just my opinion I only own 421cc cubs....no big motors

No, by a short shift window he means with real tall gearing there is a bigger gap in rpm from one gear to the next. Resulting in you having to rev high enough to stay in the power when shifted without bogging. Then weak overrev in combonation with power curve lies the problem. A strong curve and good overrev helps this problem. but to be on the safe side you run shorter gearing to make it easier to stay in power, then go up lil by lil. I dont think 15 45 will get you to 400' it will be close with a big RO. I hope I explained it clearly.

No, by a short shift window he means with real tall gearing there is a bigger gap in rpm from one gear to the next. Resulting in you having to rev high enough to stay in the power when shifted without bogging. Then weak overrev in combonation with power curve lies the problem. A strong curve and good overrev helps this problem. but to be on the safe side you run shorter gearing to make it easier to stay in power, then go up lil by lil. I dont think 15 45 will get you to 400' it will be close with a big RO. I hope I explained it clearly.

Bike is still not dialled in yet, but I have 16/41

Traction sucks! Cause I have a set of 22" sand stars!! I'm finishing 400' in the low end of 4th if shift to fith at 400' it will bog, that's how low I am in 4th as in probably just shifted at 350'

I'm still doing alot at once here with this and being so new at it, it's hard for me to know for sure but I'm guessing I'm hitting 4th at about 350'

The front end almost lifts when shifting from 1 lst to 2nd if I had better tracktion I'm betting it would lift up a wee bit.