68mm Cub Pistons

badbanshee509

so i have been looking around and seen that Wiseco has a piston called "Ultra Stroker " piston that supposed to be better for 68mm cub cylinders instead of using the blaster pistons, its supposed to have a better exhaust opening and lighter but stronger. has anyone use these pistons before?, is the cost of these pistons worth it?? are their any other pistons out there that does the same thing with a cheaper price?? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271520642825

These are a new piston option for 4 mm long rod cranks with stock cylinders. The intake windows are in the correct place for the stroke. The pin offset is the same as a blaster piston which is 6mm higher than stk banshee pistons. These are made in 64-66mm no 68's. They are a 13° dome profile like stk banshee pistons.

These are a new piston option for 4 mm long rod cranks with stock cylinders. The intake windows are in the correct place for the stroke. The pin offset is the same as a blaster piston which is 6mm higher than stk banshee pistons. These are made in 64-66mm no 68's. They are a 13° dome profile like stk banshee pistons.

This in turn keeps the deck height lower? These are designed with out a spacer in mind or the higher deck height? If so, Great idea. Edited by trickedcarbine

so the only thing to do is buy blaster pistons and dremel the windows out or is it more complicated than that??

check the cp web site for recomended piston. I thought the blaster piston was used on long rod builds back in the day but wiseco made a banshee spec longrod piston years ago. Is this really different. Also anyone else notice the seller?

.060 base gasket is same as running a spacer plate btw. This might be a better option than a 795 but still will have to be ported for the 4 mil when running a standard base gasket.

sorry for sounding dumb but what do you mean by porting , i thought the 421 cub head will fit into a stock cases without trenching, am i wrong or will the cases need to be trenched to fit the cub cylinder??

Also anyone else notice the seller?

Vito's has these. Buy from them instead.

We have a set on the way we will be testing on a build.

^ no they don't.

Well…….I know who's shipping them to us. Maybe YOU can't get them yet….but just wait.  :evil:

Ooops. Just noticed he was takking about cub pistons. Not the same thing. Sorry.

Carry on.