help tuning banshee

Joejr915

My motor is a 521 supercub. The first race I had a pvl on with no lockup timing at 80-85 thousands and I had 15-37 on for gearing I was running out of gearing before the finished. This race I was told to put my stock ignition back on and run 3stock and 3hd springs with all the balls in the lockup ( it the gigot sytle)my timing was 7-8 ish and 15-37 and now it wont even rev out the hole way in 5th. Need some advice Could I have to much weight and holding the motor from revving or does the stock ignition have a rev limiter in it? Idk any advice will b helpful.

That's a lot of weight for the slingshot. Also, what tire? I would try setting the clutch up back the way you had it with the PVL. Use the stock stuff on a plate and mess with taking a little timing out.

Edited by trickedcarbine

I was running consistently 6.1s @95-97mph anther guy I run has the same motor with stock ignition and slingshot (but idk what they are set at ) and same tire and his gearing is 16-38 amd another 465cub run pvl and no lockup both and same gearing as above will run 5.8-6.0 @ 110-104 mph

the pvl is lighter, probably made it rpm more..  put on a 16 tooth and increase the HP output of the motor.  ALSO the stock ignition will add more timing on top potentially slowing the motors rpm capacity down.

• Like 1