10mil cub with PV

360Bansheelab

My bad on the cub quote, It's a 10 mil cheetah. The shop is a reputable shop that builds quality and reliable bikes. They might have not been the best choice for this motor from the sounds of it. Sounds like a mix of opinion of keeping the PV. What are the benefit of keeping them vs blocking them off?

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SHOP?

FFS

I've been telling you all about that lousy Cheetah design for 6-8 years now.

Now 10milmike is taking over where I left off.

Cheetahs are universally junk. CAMATV is the ONLY guy here who is head over heals for them and has real success with his. HOWEVER!!!......ALL his bikes are fast, even his little 350 motors. So I think HIS success is based more on overall bike set-up. Plus he ALWAYS talks about knowing how to set them up right......but he's never posted how or posted Dyno runs of any of his motors. So how can you compare?

CALVIN TOLD ME HIMSELF that the cheetah cylinder was obsolete. Told me a Super Serval would make more torque and HP.

The one group of guys who really are fans of the P.V. motors are the coal hill climbers out east.

I talk to a lot of them and they always talk about being able to get on and off the gas without it bogging.

Funny thing is....they all rode those hills with stock cylinder bikes in the past. Their ride group is littered with lower powered 2-strokes as well as 4-strokes. So I'm not quite sure why you build a 80-90 HP motor...just so you can lift off the gas.

I'm further baffled as to why you bog a motor going up the side of a hill? Downshifting isn't an option anymore?

Powervalves were developed back when 2-stroke motorcycles were what was being raced. The motors kept making more and more power. When the motor would "hit the pipe" comming out of a turn....it would overpower the tires and spin the bike out. The powervalve was installed to SOFTEN the hit of the pipe by BLOCKING the exhaust port and LIMITING the power the motor made to make the motor easier to ride in corners.

10milmike has a STRONG running Cheetah now......but there are smaller cc cubs making more power. The overall design of the cheetah is lacking from an equally well set-up Cub or Super Cub.

If anyone would like to post a dyno curve to contradict my statements......feel free. But I've been looking and waiting for 7+ years for that to happen........

You can keep Butt Dyno feedback to yourself because everybody thinks thier motor rips.....till it hits the dyno and they find out it's down 5HP from the last bike.

Cheetah = Less HP per cc and blocked power to make it easy on you.

Yep. Like I said....strong motor.

No powervalves.

You let off usually because the bike stood straight up. Not cool with 100ft of trees behind you.

Blah blah blah dyno dyno dyno, yet I can't remember the last time I've seen or heard of ol windy John out and about.

The part of his post I love is where he starts bashing on others because he can't stand the fact someone is succeeding where he didn't.

• Like 1

WTF are you even talking about?

Where the fuck did I Bash anybody?

I'm talking about a motor design.