Only start with carb cleaner

Mrdjc

I know I'm not supposed to use carb cleaner but I had to figure out if it even ran. I was out riding for a good 20 minutes when it just died on me. Sounded like it ran out of gas. I kicked it and it started but wouldn't rev up for me to take off then I died again as if it ran out of gas. Did that 4 more times and now it won't start. I have taken off the carbs and cleaned them 3 times. I've adjusted the air mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns out. The tors has been deleted since there is no box, also key has been deleted. I sprayed carb cleaner in the carbs and it kicks over first kick, only runs for a second. Only done it twice since I know it's not good to do that. I've looked at the wires and they're a mess but everything seems to be right. I've check the connector at the handlebars and the wires are good there. Where do I look next?

Hmmm

"I was out riding for a good 20 minutes when it just died on me. Sounded like it ran out of gas. I kicked it and it started but wouldn't rev up for me to take off then I died again as if it ran out of gas. Did that 4 more times and now it won't start."

Did you check to see if you are not out of gas? Check the vent, check the screen in the tank and check the fuel lines to see if they are clogged.

The 110/115 compression is a tell sign something's going on in there or fixing to, they should wear evenly. Thats not to terribly low if its a factory chambered head? Elevation? Ive seen a handful of bikes go from running fine to bogging out as if running out of gas, to melted piston within a few short minutes. You said it seems to be getting spark from only one plug? How did you determine this?