end game. next yfz conversion

camatv

ok  soooo  i just secured another yfz chassis with a blown motor.  the crank let go and its a mess... so that fart can motor is coming out and a real engine is going in.

i decided to do another conversion BUT i am going to be working with some good friends ( hopefully) and also using a completely different front end, ( all alluminum BIG brakes)  stretch the chassis and build a nutty dunner/ drag bike.  as it goes i'll post up some pictures of it..  

if anyone needs yfz motor parts let me know.  its completely disassembled. 

• Like 1

So your gonna copy the lonestar chassis design? Not being a dick, but that is what it sounds like?

That chassis is cool as hell and if you can replicate it cheaper than that, it will be cool as hell. Dicklez YFZ conversion that east coast help him build was pretty sick. Wacko's YFZ conversion is kick ass so lets see what ya got!

I say give it a go. Good luck with it and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

• Like 1

the first one is actually still sitting here. i'm really thinking of this winter getting it all the way done  its just about ready to go  i just need to finish the radiator plumbing, and then install a motor and do the electrical and finish carb airbox etc.   wacko and i discussed a lot of idears back and forth on the issues i had and how i planned to overcome them. after looking at the bike i think a lot of what we discussed got used. PLUS sleeper i am sure put a lot of input into that bike also.   his is a beautiful example for sure.   my biggest issue is i spent so much time on the one i have now getting the exhaust to fit just right  follow the plastics like i wanted that i couldn't bring myself to tear it apart to do this other one i have envisioned.  i had originally planned to use the lsr xluw rear linkless geo, the alluminum wide OEM front end and a yfz top section to use plastics and tank etc off the yfz. and that MAY still happen..  i just got this other roller sitting here and looking at it it may be easier to use..   no matter what  one or the other will get built and i'll post pics of it in here.. worst case  i build this 2nd yfz and sell it with a nice midrange motor in it.  ( any takers?)  i have a lot of plans for the full custom, leather engraved seat, fully polished front end, probably a fully smoothed chassis no matter which design.  the last one of these i decided ok  i'm going to hit it hard was the wife's bike  it took 3 years to do, mostly due to fundage and my desire to do it the way i envisioned it no matter what the cost.

the yfz's parts that are good is everything except the crank and maybe the piston and cyl  i'm sure the oil pump and oil tank is probably jacked  but everything else is got to go.  i listed everything on the local craigslist.  

i'll take pics as it goes!!

Actually wack never even mentioned to me that he talked to you on issues or ideas,he told me what he didn't like and didn't want and I went from there of course in Hine sight there is a few things I would do different. If you want clean,start over on the front end with everything.

we shot a bunch of idears back and forth a long time ago.  the way the front tubes were redone was one of the things i remembered suggesting..  but i'm sure anyone with experience in fab work would have chozen the same route.  it just works the best..after staring at the frame for hours, at least, it made the most sense to me..

and of course that being said i'm in no way taking credit for anything on that build its bad ass and you did an excellent job on it.  so please dont take my comments the wrong way.  enough he said she said bullshit around here.  hell this thread hasn't even gotten any pics in it yet.

No way didn't take it like like that great minds think alike,you know as well as I most of these projects fail due to lack of skill and the confidence of knowing it will go back together after cutting it all out and staring over. the most difficult part was the pipes I had to buy a new shoe for my bender just to fit the stainless pipe and it wrinkles so easy and Gary sent me just enough to play with,motor mounts and down tubes were less tasking mentally once I had a plan.

we shot a bunch of idears back and forth a long time ago. the way the front tubes were redone was one of the things i remembered suggesting.. but i'm sure anyone with experience in fab work would have chozen the same route. it just works the best..after staring at the frame for hours, at least, it made the most sense to me..

and of course that being said i'm in no way taking credit for anything on that build its bad ass and you did an excellent job on it. so please dont take my comments the wrong way. enough he said she said bullshit around here. hell this thread hasn't even gotten any pics in it yet.

Well I'm glad that was cleared up, yes Cam and I have spoke a few times in regard to the hybrids and what we would do and wouldn't do- tweak this and tweak that- Carl and I never spoke about any of out conversations

Like stated, anyone with fabrications skills and a mind like Carl's would know what needs to be done to the front end in order to have the results we did!!!

As far as stretching the front end, is that still a option for you??

Joe

• 4 months later...