Newbie to jetting. Have jetting question.

Wertzy

Ok I just got a Trinity 2-1 carb kit for my Shee. I'm curious as to what I should jet it at. I'm running FMF SST Pipes with Powercore II Silencers, Engine bored .002" over, no port work, and factory airbox with snorkle removed. The carb I'm running is a 35mm PWK. I also ride anywhere between 1200-2300ft above sea level. Any ideas where to start? Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Get an eek needle to start, guess 150s for main and 45ish pilot

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

^^^^ I still think this is where you should start.  probably gonna be rich anyways.  then you can jet down.

Throw the damn single carb in the trash and put duals back on it. Way easier to tune and bike will run better with dual carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ride tight trails...not sand dunes. From what I've heard, the 2-1 is better for tight trails. Besides, if I don't like it, I still have an extra set of stock carbs and intakes lying around to slap back on. No big deal.

Pardon my noobieness, but what the fuck is a "eek or eej"? lol

Throw the damn single carb in the trash and put duals back on it. Way easier to tune and bike will run better with dual carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt agree with you on tune-a-bility, but its all what you get used to. The single does rob some top end.  I rocked a single 35 pwk setup (on its last season) for a few seasons until i came across a deal on another single pwk 35.  Now, when I do the next motor, i have duals waiting.  rock your single setup while you save for another pwk 35 if money is an issue.  you will see some improvement between the single 35 and the dual stockers. might not be much though.

I ride tight trails...not sand dunes. From what I've heard, the 2-1 is better for tight trails. Besides, if I don't like it, I still have an extra set of stock carbs and intakes lying around to slap back on. No big deal.

Pardon my noobieness, but what the fuck is a "eek or eej"? lol

eek and eej are the types of needles.  http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/needles_tuning/pj.htm.  if you dont have the correct needle in it, it will be a bitch to tune.

Edited by dcalsv02